New Bronco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One thing is that i am
Tired of breaking crap, cars not starting and things not
Working. If toyota comes up
With something solid i will redistribute my relic wealth. 🥴

How's your 40 coming along?

I like the new Bronco on a shallow first look. Except for those black "anchor points" on the front of the hood. Those need to go. I also had a very good experience with the two ford products that I've owned.

That said, I'm not in the market currently for a factory-new vehicle. Maybe someday, but no hurry for me. (CHANGE MY MIND TOYOTA!!!)

I like the new Bronco on a shallow first look. Except for those black "anchor points" on the front of the hood. Those need to go. I also had a very good experience with the two ford products that I've owned.

That said, I'm not in the market currently for a factory-new vehicle. Maybe someday, but no hurry for me. (CHANGE MY MIND TOYOTA!!!)
I believe those anchors are removable like almost everything on the truck.

Some close up info on the removable doors as well as showing a hard top install:

A car company listening to their fans on 4x4s????? Must be fake news.

The question that is gnawing at my very soul, my essence: Which will be more outrageously customized, the Bronco or Jeep?

I'm talking halo lights, sticker/paint themes, the Jeep Beak (wtf is that plastic thing even for?), faux-beadlocks color-matched to the Mrs. lipstick or fingernail polish, lavender (lavender on a 4x4; rest of world just calls them pink) rock lights.

Gawd this is going to be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!1!!!!1!11!!11

The question that is gnawing at my very soul, my essence: Which will be more outrageously customized, the Bronco or Jeep?

I'm talking halo lights, sticker/paint themes, the Jeep Beak (wtf is that plastic thing even for?), faux-beadlocks color-matched to the Mrs. lipstick or fingernail polish, lavender (lavender on a 4x4; rest of world just calls them pink) rock lights.

Meh, bros gonna' do bro things. I won't hate it because nobody will tell me "Love your Bronco" when I'm about in the 40. I'm excited to see some competition in the offroad removable top market and I really think this will put the Jeeps to shame (aside from the IFS).

I’m irrationally interested in this as a new car that I wouldn‘t really drive anywhere since there isn’t anywhere to go except the HT, Costco or Target. This would look good doing those trips though.

Same. Base model. Manual. Doors and roof off always. Beat up 100 for off road.

Did anyone else notice this gap...
1602807192706.png

So does this thing have a true tcase? Or is the super low first gear all it gets for 'low range'?

On the automatics, is there some computer controlled offroad 'setting' that will engage a lower gear in the trans?

TRANSFER CASE
Standard: 4x4 with part-time selectable engagement – two-speed electronic shift-on-the-fly 2.72:1 low ratio
Optional: Advanced 4x4 with automatic on-demand 4H engagement – two-speed electromechanical transfer case 3.06:1 low ratio

CRAWL RATIO**
Automatic with electronic shift-on-the-fly: 57.19:1
Automatic with electromechanical transfer case: 67.8:1

**Maximum ratios with high-capability option packages
Manual with electronic shift-on-the-fly: 79.92:1
Manual with electromechanical transfer case: 94.75:1

Last edited:

Really we could throw the FJ Cruiser, Tacoma and 4runner into that.
Broverlanders will do broverlander things.
Don't get me started on most of the Gladiator owners I have run in to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom