New Boots : BFG M/T KM2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At the risk of being flamed for starting yet another tire thread, I just wanted to post some pics so here goes.

After waiting months for them to become available in Australia in LT 285/75R16 I have finally picked up a new set of BFG MT KM2 for my truck.

I have had BFGs in the past in the old design and have always found them great off road but not exactly brilliant on road. So far the KM2s are a huge improvement over the old ones, quiet(ish) & grippy, at least for a Muddie, but I have not had them off the road yet. I guess it could also be that I'm just not used to unworn, properly round tires! I'll post back once I have had a chance to play in the mud.

They say the KM2s are also a softer compound? It will be interesting to compare wear rates with the old MTs. I must admit I would quite happily trade a little bit of longevity for more road holding, but seeing as these are my play tires, I really didn't buy them for their road manners.
NewBoots.JPG
NewBoots1.JPG

look'in good there Scott, yes there's nothing like new shoe's...congrats!!!

Nice meats down under. How's things in Aussieland?

Do please give a report once you get them off the beaten path. I have been searching for my next tire for a while now and believe them to be the KM2.

Congrats! I too was worried about their longevity since the older Mud T/A's didn't wear well when driven on pavement. I have about 10K miles on mine so far. Three have worn off 1/32" of tread, one has worn 2/32". Much better than I expected.

I have been happy with mine, six months now and a couple thousand miles later, no complaints. My wear seems to be in line with other mudders. The tires continue to impress. I bought the 285/75 16s as well. I like that they are "E" load rated as well as a 30% stronger side wall (according to the manufacurer) than the BFG Mud Terrain KMs. Funny thing: mine had the number "55" stamped in white on the side wall too when I got them. I will attest to the softer compound of the rubber as I used a pressure washer to remove the white stamp and in doing so abraded the rubber similar to what a curb or boulder would do. No big deal but I guess that the rubber was just fresh; yet the date stamp put the manufacture date in June of 2008. I assume that the tires must all be made in the United States?

six months now and a couple thousand miles later, no complaints

Sounding promising given the feed back I've seen and heard!

Funny thing: mine had the number "55" stamped in white on the side wall too when I got them.

One of mine has 65 on it. The others, nothing. Does anyone have any idea what this stamp signifies? The only one of mine with a figure stamped on it needed a heap of weight on it to balance. Coincidence perhaps?

I assume that the tires must all be made in the United States?

Yep "Made in USA" stamped on the 'inside' which I have mounted outside. ie White writing inside, BFG didn't do me good enough deal to advertise for them as well:hillbilly:

Nice meats down under. How's things in Aussieland?
Things in my bit of Aussieland will be a whole lot better when I get a chance to get some wheeling time and try out the new meats!! Much too long stuck in surburbia for mine.:doh:

I have about 10K miles on mine so far. Three have worn off 1/32" of tread, one has worn 2/32". Much better than I expected.

It wouldn't happen to be the near side front that has worn the most would it?

I find if I don't pay attention to rotation the PS front wears a whole lot quicker than the others. Just curious as to others experiencees.

:beer::beer:

It wouldn't happen to be the near side front that has worn the most would it?

I find if I don't pay attention to rotation the PS front wears a whole lot quicker than the others. Just curious as to others experiencees.

No, it was the left rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom