New 80 owner in High Point NC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just wanted to introduce myself as the owner of a 1995 80 LC that I just got a few days ago.

Congrats!!! That's a sweet looking ride.

Welcome Cruiser Man! Now, how about some specifics, pix, etc? :)

Congrats!

What are your plans for it?

Welcome!

I ordered the CDL switch today from CDan. It is my daily driver so I will keep it fairly simple on the mods. I do plan to lift it and put larger tires on but not too large that I have to re-gear. Would 33's be about the largest tire without re-gearing or could I get by with maybe a 34 inch tire? I plan on front and rear bumpers and sliders for protection. Oh and of course a winch and some Hella 4000's HID's. I plan to wheel it and use for camping trips with the family. When is the next event?

We have our regularly scheduled meeting/HAMOM this coming sunday and we our having an event February 21st but it is just a camping and meet and greet/swap meet. If time allows we will have an RTI ramp built by then.

Congrats and welcome CM! That's a nice clean looking 80!

Here are a few pics!
DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

What a BEAUTIFUL Golden. He looks so proud of the Cruiser in that first pic with his head up in the air, as if saying... "Oh what a feeling!"

Trxxus makes a 34 x 12.5 that gets overlooked way too often.....as a matter of fact ive only seen one set in person. Need for regear is going to come down to a matter of opinion. I think youd be fine w/ that tire, or for that fact the BFG AT's in the 315 flavor are only 34.2''. A OME heavy/med combo of springs would suit this setup well. Come out to the meeting and you can probably drive an 80 w/ 33's and compare to one w/ 35's on stock gears.

great looking pup!

Dangit. Seriously another burgundy one :bang:,only kidding good looking truck and pup

Well if you decide to do all you have mentioned you should have something similar to this:

Last edited:
I like the way your truck looks, I really like the color. What size tire is that? What springs/lift are you running and how much lift did that give you? Do you have any issues with tire rubbing at full compression or any vibes in the drivetrain? Do you find that you have the clearance needed for most trails, say Daniels and the other trails at Uwharrie?

Thanks

Where is the meeting location this Sunday and at what time?

welcome aboard!!

Good looking truck and golden.

Go ahead and start thinking about sliders so you can wheel. We have a few on this board that prefer to buy lifts, lockers and tires and have excuses not to wheel because they don't have sliders. :)

Plus they are good steps for when you lift the truck and start hearing all the complaining from the wife ect.. about getting in and out of the truck.

Go ahead and start thinking about sliders so you can wheel. We have a few on this board that prefer to buy lifts, lockers and tires and have excuses not to wheel because they don't have sliders. :)

Muhahahahaha who in the world would do that :rolleyes:

I believe SouthernCruiser is running the OME J lift and 35's in that pic. I hear he occasionally gets a lil flare rub :D Youll find there is minimal clearance differences b/w the lifts except what larger tires they will allow. Like concrete mentions, get some sliders in the works, then work on the other bits and pieces as time, and $ after baselining will allow. Keep your eyes on the for sale section both locally and in the natl forum as you can often find deals from someone moving on to something bigger. Weve taken stock locked 80s through all of URE w/out incident. Both LilJoe, Shinton, and StrongToy both have taken all but Kodak in stock form and will attest to these rigs abilities but also the need for sliders for piece of mind (and straight rocker panels)

here is Clint spanking the two hardest parts of daniel at stock height.
augURE 025.jpg
URE426 019.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom