New 70 series Members say hi here first. Chit chat ok (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Front bumpers I now prefer this design light and Strong for older vehicles. OME stuff is to bulky. I gave this design to a workshop to create now it's on their new truck but much bigger tube.

I love the "moustache" too! :p

hey guys im jono live in perth wa
had this bj74 for about two months its my daily driver /tourer/fishing rig ,was pretty stock when i got it ,so far ive added a set of 33 bfg mtrs, lightbar on the roof ,sound system,wired in a voltage equaliser and wired 12v into the cab,boost end egt gauges ,also wound the boost up to 12 psi and just general maintenance etc.
ive got a 2.5 inch ome lift and rtc steering dampener which will be fitted in the next few days.
then after that ill look at getting a bullbar for it and 3 inch exhaust and adjust the boost and fuel ,and probably make up a drawer for the back.
046.jpg

hey guys im jono live in perth wa
had this bj74 for about two months its my daily driver /tourer/fishing rig ,was pretty stock when i got it ,so far ive added a set of 33 bfg mtrs, lightbar on the roof ,sound system,wired in a voltage equaliser and wired 12v into the cab,boost end egt gauges ,also wound the boost up to 12 psi and just general maintenance etc.
ive got a 2.5 inch ome lift and rtc steering dampener which will be fitted in the next few days.
then after that ill look at getting a bullbar for it and 3 inch exhaust and adjust the boost and fuel ,and probably make up a drawer for the back.

Nice roof rack and lights

Intruding my BJ70

Hi Guys,

Not sure if i've introduced myself properly before, made a few posts and comments though.

I'm from Townsville, Australia and have a 1986 BJ70.
Its a former NSW rural fire brigade vehicle (hence the colour) that has now retired to North Queensland for some fun.

checking out the flex in the stock suspension... lol

enjoying the view at five rocks national park

Thanks,
Matt

Hi guys

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ian, moved to Burundi Africa a while back and found a 1986 BJ 70 in the garage of the house I rented. the owner of the house said someone had left it there to rot 4 years ago and I was welcome to help myself to it.

Which is what I did, together with my fundi (swahili for mechanic), we did an estimate of how much best case and worst case it would cost and got going. Ofcourse 3 months further we are well into the worst case scenario :). List of **** we had to repair:
Bear in mind that we are in africa and parts are **** expensive, so when I say new, it usually means second hand new :):
- rebuilding engine (1pz) - new motor bloc cause the other one had fissures in them. and the cullase (breech in english?) was also ****ed. We could have gotten a new engine for the price it cost us to redo it, but then we wouldn't have been sure of that one was good too, so the mech preferred to redo the thing himself.
- new tires (splashed out on pirelli scorpions, cause it was basically my only option besides cheap ass chinese here) - these were actually new (cost 1000usd for 4 tires!, **** landlocked country in the middle of nowhere)
- new battery (well after being unused for 4 years ...)
- redo interior (although I should have checked with the carpenter what color carpet he was going to put in, cause now I have a royal blue ... )
- fix gear box (to make sure all was tidy in there)
- new hydraulics pump for steering
- new injector pump
- new engine supports
- new ventilator
- replace breaking system
- some welding to strenghten the body that had some rust

this was about the minimum we needed to do to get the baby rolling again. cost of this was about 5000 USD (didn't need to pay for the carcass when I found it). Afterwards I took it on a 5000k drive around Tanzania through some pretty rough parts. To give it a proper test. It came out with flying colors (with some new weak points coming out: crappy new hydraulics pump that I now need to replace again, steering rod came loose and front differential that needed to be changed after all).

Love my car, Beast, but wondering of course if this frankenstein will keep on holding together with spare african parts, or if I should start putting in some new original parts. But that's a whole different question. I'm up to about 6000USD at this point.

let me know what you think.
486533_10151187343301425_638759130_n.jpg
293886_10151080796986425_1648024311_n.jpg

Hi guys

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ian, moved to Burundi Africa a while back and found a 1986 BJ 70 in the garage of the house I rented. the owner of the house said someone had left it there to rot 4 years ago and I was welcome to help myself to it.

Which is what I did, together with my fundi (swahili for mechanic), we did an estimate of how much best case and worst case it would cost and got going. Ofcourse 3 months further we are well into the worst case scenario :). List of **** we had to repair:
Bear in mind that we are in africa and parts are **** expensive, so when I say new, it usually means second hand new :):
- rebuilding engine (1pz) - new motor bloc cause the other one had fissures in them. and the cullase (breech in english?) was also ****ed. We could have gotten a new engine for the price it cost us to redo it, but then we wouldn't have been sure of that one was good too, so the mech preferred to redo the thing himself.
- new tires (splashed out on pirelli scorpions, cause it was basically my only option besides cheap ass chinese here) - these were actually new (cost 1000usd for 4 tires!, **** landlocked country in the middle of nowhere)
- redo interior (although I should have checked with the carpenter what color carpet he was going to put in, cause now I have a royal blue ... )
- new injector pump
- new engine supports
- new ventilator

this was about the minimum we needed to do to get the baby rolling again. cost of this was about 5000 USD (didn't need to pay for the carcass when I found it). Afterwards I took it on a 5000k drive around Tanzania through some pretty rough parts. To give it a proper test. It came out with flying colors (with some new weak points coming out: crappy new hydraulics pump that I now need to replace again, steering rod came loose and front differential that needed to be changed after all).

Love my car, Beast, but wondering of course if this frankenstein will keep on holding together with spare african parts, or if I should start putting in some new original parts. But that's a whole different question. I'm up to about 6000USD at this point.

Hi mrwhite47 to be simple you are a very lucky and fortunate men (and I congrat you for that ) to have found a baby like that in you garage( whish that kind of thing happen to me some day) now it dont matter how much money you put in to your baby, all though you can import brand new parts from venezuela, united states, taiwan, thailand or other countries, becaouse being a toyota owner is just a matter of sentiment! Enjoy your ride and have plenty of fun on it!

guess I'm the new FNG

Hi, I'm Mike. I ride motorcycles.

Recently picked up a '89 BJ71 with a 13BT to replace my subaru. This thing's the first diesel I've owned, so this could get interesting. I'm no stranger to wrenching, just new to diesels. I'm probably going to ask a "dumb" question at least once...

Hi, just new here. Great website - stacks of excellent info & tech data. Picked up a Feb 85 HJ75, 2H for my property west of Warwick & in the process of giving it some TLC so it can go to work for me. Named it the Yella Terra. It'll be the country car & the town car is a '06 Patrol 4.2 TDi. Currently fitting a Thomas PTO to the Yella Terra but can crack the drive shaft routing from the PTO to the winch worm. Leaf spring shackel on left front blocks the route. Any assistance would be appreciated. cheers Dingo
Yella Terra 21 Jan 13 (1).JPG
DSC03226.JPG
DSC03227.JPG

Hi guys

- new injector pump
- new engine supports
- new ventilator

What will you do when one day the owner pop up and yelled " Hey that is my cruiser, give it back to me!". HAhahah :D

New BJ74 owner in Montana

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53699858@N02/8446266596/
IMG_3748 by dtpaladino, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53699858@N02/8445175133/
IMG_3754 by dtpaladino, on Flickr

Picked up this jem in Calgary a few weeks ago. I believe it was owned by a MUD member at one point in its life. 13B-T with a WVO kit. So far I've put tires on it, changed all fluids, front brakes and seals, and replaced a very stubborn tie rod end. Still needs lots of love. There are a few sloppy wiring jobs to clean up, and I'm in the market for a new front window frame (and window).

This is my first cruiser, but I've been around 80s and yota trucks for a while now. Pleased to be a part of the community!

-Daniel

What will you do when one day the owner pop up and yelled " Hey that is my cruiser, give it back to me!". HAhahah :D

I will tell him that he can give it to me or if he wants it back, I will take out all the parts that I put in. leaving him with very, very little. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53699858@N02/8446266596/
IMG_3748 by dtpaladino, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53699858@N02/8445175133/
IMG_3754 by dtpaladino, on Flickr

Picked up this jem in Calgary a few weeks ago. I believe it was owned by a MUD member at one point in its life. 13B-T with a WVO kit. So far I've put tires on it, changed all fluids, front brakes and seals, and replaced a very stubborn tie rod end. Still needs lots of love. There are a few sloppy wiring jobs to clean up, and I'm in the market for a new front window frame (and window).

This is my first cruiser, but I've been around 80s and yota trucks for a while now. Pleased to be a part of the community!

-Daniel

ENVIOUS ! Thats pretty sweet. Always loved the hard top convertable.
Nice all around truck !

BJ73 headed to USA

Well I though I would post up a picture over here. I went and bought a BJ73 out of Spain and the ship left today and should be getting here in the USA first part of April.

%25252Fstorage%25252Femulated%25252F0%25252FEditedOnlinePhotos%25252FIMG_20130225_204600.JPG

I am sure I will have many questions and hopefully no regrets.

Hi to all this forum

Hi all.

As a Newbie, I would like to say hello to all on this forum.

My name is John, and I luv my 92 Troopy as I think all Troopy owner do. It is a '92 HZJ75 series that I have owned for some 20 years during which time I have made major modifications including a Trekka Camper conversion and the fitting of an after marker intercooled turbo, which I recommend whole heartedly.

As with most Troopy owners, my modificatiions are too numerous to list, but if asked I can tell you if I have it or not, most likely I have. :D

Happy 4WDing to all.
John

Hi all.

As a Newbie, I would like to say hello to all on this forum.

My name is John, and I luv my 92 Troopy as I think all Troopy owner do. It is a '92 HZJ75 series that I have owned for some 20 years during which time I have made major modifications including a Trekka Camper conversion and the fitting of an after marker intercooled turbo, which I recommend whole heartedly.

As with most Troopy owners, my modificatiions are too numerous to list, but if asked I can tell you if I have it or not, most likely I have. :D

Happy 4WDing to all.
John

Got any shots of your intercooler?

Hi there.

Yes, I have an excellent shot of my engine bay showing the inter cooler, but I have one all mighty problem and that is getting the photo onto this site.

I am experiencing huge problems finding this post just to begin with, how do I find it. I only stumbled onto your reply be accident while messing around on my iPad. The photo is on my PC but when I go to the IH8mud forum site there is so many entries that I find that I cannot locate my original post, let alone nail a photo to it.

On similar sites I can simply click on my profile and it lists every post that I have ever posted.

So until I manage to find my post in amongst a thousand others, I have a problem.

I was under the belief that I set up my profile so as to advise me when I receive an update to any of my post, but that does not appear to be the case........but I am still looking. Should I so find this post on my PC then I will be half way there......Sorry.

Regards

Hi there back again. I managed to find my post and your request, now I will try to nail the photo. If you get nothing then it's back to the drawing boards. :rolleyes:

Nope. no joy. How do I get a photo from my PC to display here? The best that I can do is bring up a panel that asks for a web site. no good to me as the photos are on my PC :confused:

Regards

Well I read the manual and followed the instructions (I hope) but I still do not see my photo in the draft window.

I will check for it after I exit and re-enter the forum.

Regards SAM_0855.jpg

I think I may have done it! :p

Regards

SAM_0855.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom