New 60 Series owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

roof rack

4alarm, if you decide to get a new rack, go with Wilderness Accessories. Mine is 6 feet long and fits the top of my truck nicely. I and my wife have slept up there on more than one camp trip. You will have to put a floor in, but their double ribbed system makes that easy.
Near U of A.
J.

I'll keep my eye out for you. I am usually on a motorcycle or even a bicycle but seem to be able to spot every FJ in the area. A few months ago I saw a cruiser like mine heading north on 4th towards Speedway. I happen to be in mine at the time so we did the honk and wave thing as we passed. I was on 1st, heading west. The dude was moving fast. Nice truck, looked like mine.

Finally got her out on a trail today. I did a quick lunchtime run up Huachuca Canyon. I'm impressed with how well she did bone stock. This is just a mild portion of the trail. I didn't remember that I had a camera on my phone until I was almost off the trail.

Photo_042408_002.sized.jpg

Photo_042408_003.sized.jpg

You probably already know this but It helps to have a project to look forward to and think about while your sitting there so long. It helped me take my mind off all the gloom and doom. Good luck man, stay positive.

Nice score! My 62 wasn't home grown when I bought it here (raised in MI winters) so although straight, the red monster had done a number on the ole gal.

Nice rig...you must feel like "Mister deal of the century pants"

So, give it up - what did you pay? Now I just gotta know...come on.:clap:

jeffsclan - I actually started back to work a few days a week. I usually get in for about 3-4 hours. The FJ40 is still THE project though. I do wake up in the middle of the night unable to sleep thinking of all the cool stuff I could do to/with this thing. So I take it you fought/are fighting cancer too?

Wile E Coyote - From what I got from the PO, it's originally a Texas truck. He had it in Seattle for a few years then it was in Tucson/Sierra Vista for the rest of the time. No rust but a little surface rust where the paint was taken off.

Dirty Toad - The FJ60 is actually going on the "Lemon Lot" near where I work tomorrow. If she doesn't sell in a month or so I'll see what it would take to ship the rack.

cruiserpants - What did I pay?????? I'll tell you after I sell it.:D

jeffsclan - I actually started back to work a few days a week. I usually get in for about 3-4 hours. The FJ40 is still THE project though. I do wake up in the middle of the night unable to sleep thinking of all the cool stuff I could do to/with this thing. So I take it you fought/are fighting cancer too?

Wile E Coyote - From what I got from the PO, it's originally a Texas truck. He had it in Seattle for a few years then it was in Tucson/Sierra Vista for the rest of the time. No rust but a little surface rust where the paint was taken off.

Dirty Toad - The FJ60 is actually going on the "Lemon Lot" near where I work tomorrow. If she doesn't sell in a month or so I'll see what it would take to ship the rack.

cruiserpants - What did I pay?????? I'll tell you after I sell it.:D
Yes, been clean for 3 yrs now. Just know there's light at the end of the tunnel. The first doc said I had 6 months, that was 6 years ago. Sounds like your getting back on track. Hang in there

So: can you NOW tell us what you paid for the truck originally, then?? ;)

Geez, heck of a deal! I can only imagine what some of the Canadian readers must be thinking - a rust-free Arizona 60 for $500, pretty cheap body donor for some of the rusting hulks up here... Anyway, good for you, I imagine you made a bit of a profit on the re-sale, which should help you finance some of the remaining work on your FJ40.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom