New 100 tomorrow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I really apologize for the non-value added post, but I can't contain myself. The dealer finally called today, and I'm picking up my new 100 tomorrow.

I'm going to go out and have a nice talk with my 1994 80. I feel kind of guilty.

Yeah... I know there are people in this forum who have a half dozen or more cruizers, but tomorrow I'm going to have two. I'm looking forward to it.

Congrats!! Hit us up with some pics tomorrow!

tech_dog said:
I really apologize for the non-value added post, but I can't contain myself. The dealer finally called today, and I'm picking up my new 100 tomorrow.

I'm going to go out and have a nice talk with my 1994 80. I feel kind of guilty.

Yeah... I know there are people in this forum who have a half dozen or more cruizers, but tomorrow I'm going to have two. I'm looking forward to it.

We don't blame you at all! If I was buying a second cruiser tomorrow, I would be bouncing off the walls! :bounce: Post up some pics when you get it and congrats! :cheers:

Tech_Dog: Congrats and like others here have said "welcome to the competition"...

...now you can start budgeting for all those goodies...

I'm jealous. I was pretty stoked when we got our used 100. Can't imagine a new 06. Maybe time to do the taxes and see if I'm getting a refund....:cheers:

Nothing better than a second Cruiser.

Congrats! :beer:

spressomon ...now you can start budgeting for all those goodies...[/QUOTE said:
If he can lay down for the 06 I am sure budgeting for the add-ons should be easy.;)

I recommend calling slee and asking for one of everything. Still going to be under 20k.

Tech_dog - Congrats sir. :D

tech_dog

I did the same thing two weeks ago. FIrst time I've ever bought a second one of any vehicle.

When you get yours, let me know if your owners manual came in a little plastic cover/holder (like my '96 80 had) , and whether your floor mats match the carpet or are contrasting colors. I'm having a little discussion with the dealer over whether the truck has the small details exactly right on those two things.

Congrats and WELCOME to the 100 forum..I am sure you will be a regular in here now !!

TLCgrappler said:
tech_dog

I did the same thing two weeks ago. FIrst time I've ever bought a second one of any vehicle.

When you get yours, let me know if your owners manual came in a little plastic cover/holder (like my '96 80 had) , and whether your floor mats match the carpet or are contrasting colors. I'm having a little discussion with the dealer over whether the truck has the small details exactly right on those two things.

Grappler,

Mine came with the cashmere interior, and the gray floor mats. It was a surprise to me as well, since they're always turned over on the display models. Now that I'm used to it, I'm glad they're gray. They'll stay cleaner.

The sales guy also seemed very sure that they all come that way.

The owners manual came in a very nice cover/holder, similar in quality to a Mercedes. It's crammed full too, with all the gadgets built into the sucker.

Thanks dog.

I got the LC, not the LX, so there may be some differences. My mats are the stone color, while the underlying carpet is more beige, or oak. Doesn't look bad, but Im not certain it was supposed to be that way. There is some darker trim on the doors, so the whole interior is a bit two-toned.

My owners manual just was loose in the glove compartment. The truck had been on the showroom floor, which makes you wonder whether little things could get tweaked in ways not normallly intended.

Its great to have a toyota and worry about this inconsequential stuff instead of why some important system is not working.

TLCgrappler said:
Thanks dog.

I got the LC, not the LX, so there may be some differences. My mats are the stone color, while the underlying carpet is more beige, or oak. Doesn't look bad, but Im not certain it was supposed to be that way. There is some darker trim on the doors, so the whole interior is a bit two-toned.

My owners manual just was loose in the glove compartment. The truck had been on the showroom floor, which makes you wonder whether little things could get tweaked in ways not normallly intended.

Hey guys,

My 06 LC has the grey interior with grey mats (stone?). The owner's manual is in a crappy red plastic deal. Kind of a surprise after the (cough) Rover (ehghg) that had a real fancy leather case. I'll take the inferior plastic bag and superior vehicle any day!

Congrats on the 06! Gotta say something about the vehicle when people come back for more.
:cheers:

JJ

tech_dog said:
Grappler,

Mine came with the cashmere interior, and the gray floor mats. It was a surprise to me as well, since they're always turned over on the display models. Now that I'm used to it, I'm glad they're gray. They'll stay cleaner.

The sales guy also seemed very sure that they all come that way.

The owners manual came in a very nice cover/holder, similar in quality to a Mercedes. It's crammed full too, with all the gadgets built into the sucker.

Cashmere? I thought the only options on the LX were the ivory (tan) or stone (gray) leather. Anyway, my 06 LX has the stone interior and the cloth floor mats match the interior, as do the winter mats.

Similarly, my owners manual came in a nice leather (or really nice vinyl) holder. There's lots of info in there, some of which was clearly translated into English ;). I haven't figured out where to store it though - it doesn't seem to fit in the glove box or the center console. It might fit in one of the rear compartments (it's still at the dealer getting fixed, so I can't check), but keeping it up front would make more sense. Keeping it at home would work, but there's some info in the manuals that one might potentially want to have when on the road (checking exactly which idiot light is flashing, where to put the jack when changing a tire, the # to call if you break down, etc.).

greynolds said:
Cashmere? I thought the only options on the LX were the ivory (tan) or stone (gray) leather. Anyway, my 06 LX has the stone interior and the cloth floor mats match the interior, as do the winter mats.

Similarly, my owners manual came in a nice leather (or really nice vinyl) holder. There's lots of info in there, some of which was clearly translated into English ;). I haven't figured out where to store it though - it doesn't seem to fit in the glove box or the center console. It might fit in one of the rear compartments (it's still at the dealer getting fixed, so I can't check), but keeping it up front would make more sense. Keeping it at home would work, but there's some info in the manuals that one might potentially want to have when on the road (checking exactly which idiot light is flashing, where to put the jack when changing a tire, the # to call if you break down, etc.).

I just bought a new Harley Lowrider, wonder where I will keep that owners manual :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom