Needed quality 80 series mechanic in Mi. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, mud flaps, fender flares and body cladding are all just corrosion traps and likely to be torn off if you ever start using the truck as it was designed to be used.

I just finished cleaning up my wife’s 80 after covering all of the fender flare holes. It’s so much cleaner and looks really good with 285s.

I agree on that if you are going to mod the truck but this LX is so nice it would be a value killer to do that stuff to it. I would love to have a bone stock, super nice 80 for sunny weather goin-to-town use. It would be like having a brand new car only better.

@Crush 4 do you have a proper full sized spare? If not, I have an extra LX wheel for you.
That’s very kind of you! The vehicle does have a full spare and honestly I haven’t taken it down yet! I bought the vehicle with 37,000 miles on it and I’ve driven it 3000 and just trying to see all the things I might do it. I don’t know it’ll be a full-time vehicle or I’ll sell it. What do you think it’s worth?

I have a hard time saying what values are. They vary throughout the country. It would be worth posting up in the 80/450 section of tech. Lay out the details. Show lots of pics.
Ok cool. I have to admit really enjoy driving it! Have you changed any of your headlight or interior lights to LED or? Or just leave stuff stock

That is a seriously nice vehicle. Ed

It really depends on if the truck is as nice as the miles. I hate to say it but the best place to sell such a rare mileage truck is either ebay or bring-a-trailer.

I don't think 20k is impossible

Would love to see his 40!! I have one too!!

Mine has a 30 foot paint job. Edited.

update.jpg

Last edited:
I know!! What do you guys think of fluid film and a like?

I got this spayed on all of my 3 vehicles in Livonia for $250 each. They washed the underside and let it dry overnight and then sprayed it the next morning.

I got this spayed on all of my 3 vehicles in Livonia for $250 each. They washed the underside and let it dry overnight and then sprayed it the next morning.

I got this spayed on all of my

3 vehicles in Livonia for $250 each. They washed the underside and let it dry overnight and then sprayed it the next morning.

I’ll have to check it out. I heard kroon was good too

Where the heck did you find a find like that?

And yes to Fluid Film.

The grease fittings are on the F/R propeller shafts at the U-joints and slip joint.

Where the heck did you find a find like that?

And yes to Fluid Film.

The grease fittings are on the F/R propeller shafts at the U-joints and slip joint.
Go very light on the slip joint zerk though. Too much will put hydraulic pressure on the transfer case output bearing and cause premature failure.

Go very light on the slip joint zerk though. Too much will put hydraulic pressure on the transfer case output bearing and cause premature failure.
Thanks guys

Getting ready to do a tuneup any advice watch out etc. also picked up new radiator hoses in these clamps came with it what the heck are these?

8A9E903D-1245-41EA-A896-6B3A1F7A215C.jpeg

Thanks guys

Getting ready to do a tuneup any advice watch out etc. also picked up new radiator hoses in these clamps came with it what the heck are these?

View attachment 2167844
They are great clamps. Hold them open with vise grips until you have them where you want them but be careful unlocking the grips. I smoked a thumbnail on one once. That kinda sucked, lost the nail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom