Needed: E-brake handle restoration suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Spook and MoaByte. I just painted a new gray dash with SEM brown and it came out great. I'm not sure what will happen when I try to sand the rubber, but it sure worth a try. Maybe coat it with an epoxy first? I was spooked (no pun intended) about buying the handle P/N above because they say it doesn't fit a 1988 FJ62. Doesn't seem like it should be any different from an FJ60, but what do I know?

View attachment 2639791
It’s not coated in rubber. At least the handle in my 60 isn’t. You should be able to sand it and paint it. An epoxy coat is an interesting idea. I’ve thought about from fiberglassing all the plastic bits in my truck if I ever go for a full restoration.

I used the brown SEMS paint after I lightly sanded and put new brown vinyl on and held up well

IMG_0366.jpeg

IMG_0797.jpeg

I used the brown SEMS paint after I lightly sanded and put new brown vinyl on and held up well

Looks nice...I guess I did the same almost a year ago and it still looks like new. I know most folks already know how to paint, but I went ahead and posted a step-by-step for those that are interested in this fix. It was impossible to find a replacement handle in good condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom