Need to have recall work done in Columbus, any dealer preferences? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d say just show up in person and demand to know what the problem is.

I’d say just show up in person and demand to know what the problem is.

Agree, I'd be pretty hot if my truck was sitting at the dealership for 2+ months. @N919HJ , are they still waiting on the frame?

I showed up last Monday. The service rep said he got my message but his phone wasn’t working right. I told him I wanted to see my truck. It was on the lift with cab and bed separated. The drivetrain was was still on the old frame. They said they were waiting on parts. Hoping to get it back by the end of the week. But who knows.

I showed up last Monday. The service rep said he got my message but his phone wasn’t working right. I told him I wanted to see my truck. It was on the lift with cab and bed separated. The drivetrain was was still on the old frame. They said they were waiting on parts. Hoping to get it back by the end of the week. But who knows.
Well at least that's progress....and it's not sitting in the back lot still.

I got my truck back yesterday!!!!! I can’t believe how much I missed it. Everything appears to be in working order. They didn’t try and charge me any BS. I did have them do a tranny flush and fill. They said they have a machine they hook up and it just does it. But the fill bolt hasn’t been touch and I can’t find any other evidence of them pulling any lines apart. I’m a little suspect of it actually be completed. Anybody familiar with these flush and fill machines?

In general I’ve heard those machines are bull****. I would definitely inquire as to how their machine is hooked up. In my experience auto transmissions don’t have fill bolts you just pour it in through the dipstick hole. Hell many don’t even have drain plugs, you have to pull the pan just right to get it out and not make a mess.

Thanks for your input. I am 100% sure this tranny has a fill plug and does not has a dipstick.

Just a little update. After a month my truck is doing great. I changed all the fluids in the driveline, replaced the plugs and the sirpentine belt after I got it back. I’m kind of impressed, the mechanic that did the work even took the time to use anti seize on all the bolts that need to be removed when servicing the front diff and changing the sirpentine belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom