Need to have recall work done in Columbus, any dealer preferences? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aging fleet

SILVER Star
Threads
This is probably a '6 of one, half dozen of another' type situation, but maybe all Columbus dealerships are not created equal.

My LC needs to have the side curtain airbag ECU replaced as part of an outstanding recall. It's nothing too complicated, but the techs will need to take apart my entire center console to get to the ECU. My truck has been to Tansky previously for a TPMS sensor and an alignment and there were issues at both visits that required me to return.

I'm central so I could really go to any dealership in town, are there any that are more accustomed to working on Land Cruisers or one service department that rises above the rest?

Thanks,
Brad

Hey Brad,

Most of my dealership experience have been with my wife's Lexus. Toyota stuff happens in my garage.

But with that said I'd call Jim C who used to work at a Toyota dealership in Lancaster and may recommend those guys down there.

I'm having the frame replaced on my 07' Tacoma at Tansky. I bought the truck from Toyota West, but really disliked their service department. So far Tansky has been pretty good. But I'm still waiting for a frame, it could be 45 days. We'll see what kind of sh*t they pull when they start breaking stuff taking it apart. I'll report back if you want. But it will be awhile.

Yeah. keep me updated. The owner of Tansky was actually my professor in college. Nice lady.

I'm in the market for a tundra and getting rid of my Ram so this will impact my decisions.

I deal with the parts guys at Toyota direct at Easton and they are all idiots. I learned a long time ago to just go in with a list and part numbers that I researched on my own and tell them I'll be back tomorrow and to order anything they need.

Save me a lot of stress.

We'll see what kind of sh*t they pull when they start breaking stuff taking it apart.

Based on the piles of frames I've seen on Tansky's back lot, yours clearly won't be their first replacement. Hopefully it goes ok for you.

Mine goes back to Tansky next Wednesday to have the recall done, hopefully it will be a routine visit. Also gives me a chance to pick up a few crush washers for the diff and transfer case fluid change I need to do before it gets too cold.

Gotta say, it all went well at Tansky.

The car was done early, no visible damage to the center console, buttons all still work, change is still in my ashtray, and they didn't run it through the car wash per my request. They even left my radio on the Grateful Dead channel which may be the biggest surprise of all.

That's good to hear. I'd say the Dead channel helped.

That's good to hear. I'd say the Dead channel helped.

Ha, maybe.

In other Columbus news, I was stopped at 5 points this morning and a guy next to me asked if I was interested in selling the LC (that’s a first in the 100). I also passed a white BJ70 on Fishinger near Kenny.

A lot going on today.

After previously being told my truck would be done the week before Thanksgiving. I called the dealer last week and was told they were starting on my truck Monday 12/4. I drove by the dealer yesterday on my way to work and my truck was still sitting where I left it 10/3 :rolleyes::frown:

After previously being told my truck would be done the week before Thanksgiving. I called the dealer last week and was told they were starting on my truck Monday 12/4. I drove by the dealer yesterday on my way to work and my truck was still sitting where I left it 10/3 :rolleyes::frown:
That’s a bummer

@Dubbinchris, you have a Ur-Quattro!! You don’t see those everyday. Good taste in cars. Do you ever go to cars and coffee at Lennox. I’m in Upper Arlington, any of you close?

9B2AFC65-D406-4318-A99E-1B0C0AC0F65C.jpeg
@Dubbinchris, you have a Ur-Quattro!! You don’t see those everyday. Good taste in cars. Do you ever go to cars and coffee at Lennox. I’m in Upper Arlington, any of you close?
Yea I do indeed have an UrQ. An 85’ to be exact. I’ve definitely taken it to cars and coffee at the Lennox before. I live up in Westerville currently and actually there is another UrQ about a mile from me as well. He mostly has good taste in cars except for his JKU Rubicon.

That is gorgeous. It looks brand new!!!:clap:

@N919HJ, I was at Tansky today for an alignment (I'm 2 for 2 on them doing good work) and saw one super rusty frame sitting outside of the service doors on the east side of the building. Maybe yours?

Hey @Dubbinchris , your Ur-Q looks great. I assume you and Brandon get out and tear it up on occasion.

No, unfortunately that one has been sitting there for a couple weeks. My truck is the silver one sitting by the maintenance exits doors with the gas hanging out of it.

@N919HJ, I was at Tansky today for an alignment (I'm 2 for 2 on them doing good work) and saw one super rusty frame sitting outside of the service doors on the east side of the building. Maybe yours?

Hey @Dubbinchris , your Ur-Q looks great. I assume you and Brandon get out and tear it up on occasion.
Yeah we sure do. Just in October we drove some twisty roads from zanesville to Athens. How do you know Brandon?

No, unfortunately that one has been sitting there for a couple weeks. My truck is the silver one sitting by the maintenance exits doors with the gas hanging out of it.

Ugh, that sucks. Hopefully they get to it soon.

Yeah we sure do. Just in October we drove some twisty roads from zanesville to Athens. How do you know Brandon?

I had a few Audis so I would occasionally meet up with the group he organized, also worked with the guy who sold Brandon his Ur-Q. This is the only one of mine that I miss.

c4.jpg

My truck is still gone. I’ve called three times this week with no call back.:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom