Need someone with 70 series near Kirkland, WA to assist with some Planted brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jomelo

SILVER Star
Threads
I am need of someone with an early to mid 90’s HD 70 series for a small project. I ordered a set of Planted brackets to go along with my Scheelmann seats last year. The only problem is that the 70 series brackets sold by Planted were modeled after a Troopy and the Troopy has a different floor than the other 70 series. We ended up doing something custom but now - with more time - we want to get the right brackets. So I need someone with a PZJ/HZJ 70/73/77 etc. and located near Kirkland, Washington for a test fitting. I am told this can be done in half a day. If you think you are up to the task shoot me a message and we can figure out how to make this work.

I am not sure how many different years/models are the same as mine (I am sure there are a lot).

Being in Texas I am not much help but I am wondering if this test fit is for non suspension or suspension floor pan?

Reached out to my contacts up there to see what we can do. What place in Kirkland is it that would do the fitting? There are a few Planted dealers in florida would they possibly be able to help out?

@theside00 im told it would be done at the Planted factory. I believe they have some sort of device to accurately measure it.

@FJ73Texas are the actual floor pans different? I’ve known people to mount suspension bases in trucks without them from factory and it worked just fine.

@FJ73Texas are the actual floor pans different? I’ve known people to mount suspension bases in trucks without them from factory and it worked just fine.

It is my understanding there is a difference between a 70 series with suspension bases vs one without when it comes to mounting positions on the floorpan.

In other words, I can't take out seats from a non-suspension base HZJ77 and have them bolt right into my suspension base HZJ77.

floors are different between those with the main fuel tank under front seats (troopie/ pickup) and those with the main fuel tank behind the rear axle, ie. the rest. as to suspension seats vs non-suspension seats can't comment but I wouldn't think the floor mounting would be different since it would make the manufacturing process just a little bit more expensive? As to the 2/3 seat vs. single seat on the older 70's the one missing nut is under the floor skin that you can find and drill the top skin out to find the nut.

floors are different between those with the main fuel tank under front seats (troopie/ pickup) and those with the main fuel tank behind the rear axle, ie. the rest. as to suspension seats vs non-suspension seats can't comment but I wouldn't think the floor mounting would be different since it would make the manufacturing process just a little bit more expensive? As to the 2/3 seat vs. single seat on the older 70's the one missing nut is under the floor skin that you can find and drill the top skin out to find the nut.

It was more than one but on the planted bases for Troopy bench vs buckets. Detailed pics of all the problems are in John’s build thread. I still got to deal with that and modify those bases to work.

Cheers

as to suspension seats vs non-suspension seats can't comment but I wouldn't think the floor mounting would be different since it would make the manufacturing process just a little bit more expensive?

I may be wrong here but I thought installation of suspension seats requires the removal of extra sheetmetal (braces) that was welded in specifically for the non-suspension seats otherwise you will be sitting with your head through the roof.

That all being said, that is why I thought the floor pan is different between the two options.

Okay so I am informed I need any 70/71/73/74/77 variant in the manual seat variety to make this work. So who is down to help?

I'm about 800 miles south of Kirkland WA and was planning to get planted bases for my 77. Hopefully there is someone closer than me otherwise, guess I need to take a roadtrip north.

Sorry to butt in;
The main Planted facility is in Kirkland on the i405 frontage road just north of the 116th exit, attached to/affiliated with 425motorsports.

Okay getting back on this project. I have spoken with Planted and this process takes about 4 hours. So I’m back looking for someone to assist. If you can I’ll make it worth your while. @TINYtim you still interested? Anyone else with a 70/73/77 in the Kirkland WA area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom