Need some help.Front bumper ideas. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to get started on a front bumper for my piggy and Im at a loss.I have some good ideas but they just dont seem to flow with the front lines.I wanted something that comes up high enough for some radiator protection in a roll ,a little front fender protection,and be able to tie it into the cage in the cab without messing up the lines of the front of the body.Anyone have any good ideas or pics of some cool ones you have seen? :idea: There will be a Ramsey RE12000 in there that I have to work around also.

This is what I have to work with :D
IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

I forgot to add that its going to be 1.75 and 1.50 DOM :D

Im gonna go stare at it some more after work today and hope something hit me :D

bumper ideas!

Now that I know you want it in tube I will get something to you by tonight.I did some paint shop on your rig already, but it was a plate style bumper.Maybe I'll post both for you later anyhow!By the way that rig is SICK!!!

I forgot to add that its going to be 1.75 and 1.50 DOM :D

Im gonna go stare at it some more after work today and hope something hit me :D

first run !

I tried a couple different ways to do the radiator bar, but it just looked too tall.Yeah those lines are going to be tough to make look good!I would probably try to fit something inside the hood for that protection.It really won't help the sheet metal, but would still protect and keep you on the trail.The first design looks nice to me!What do you think?The second with the top bars looks like too much!:hmm:I'll keep mess'in with it,this is fun!

I need to get started on a front bumper for my piggy and Im at a loss.I have some good ideas but they just dont seem to flow with the front lines.I wanted something that comes up high enough for some radiator protection in a roll ,a little front fender protection,and be able to tie it into the cage in the cab without messing up the lines of the front of the body.Anyone have any good ideas or pics of some cool ones you have seen? :idea: There will be a Ramsey RE12000 in there that I have to work around also.

This is what I have to work with :D
IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg
55 bumper 2.JPG
55 tube bumper 1.JPG

I tried a couple different ways to do the radiator bar, but it just looked too tall.Yeah those lines are going to be tough to make look good!I would probably try to fit something inside the hood for that protection.It really won't help the sheet metal, but would still protect and keep you on the trail.The first design looks nice to me!What do you think?The second with the top bars looks like too much!:hmm:I'll keep mess'in with it,this is fun!

Thanks alot :beer:

Im thinkin maybe something like the first one.The more I look at it the more I think something as tall as the hood would look goofy.I have looked at some under hood rad protection for the reasons you stated.Oh yea,that first one has the wheels turnin again :D

Thanks again :beer::beer:

My pig is so heavy as it is I am trying to save weight anywhere I can with my build. perhaps nothing more than single piece of tube from your winch mount to the corner of your front fender out of sq 80

Ive done rectangle tube bumpers before.But I have access to DOM,a Tube Shark bender,and bend software if I need it.I need to bend up something cool to sort of match the rear bumper I bent up.

bumper ideas!

Yeah I really like the first one too.:clap:It looks tough,simple and functional....maybe with the main tube 2" 1.53 wall?I didn't add them,but those weld on receovery ponits from Poison Spider wold look great as well.

Thanks alot :beer:

Im thinkin maybe something like the first one.The more I look at it the more I think something as tall as the hood would look goofy.I have looked at some under hood rad protection for the reasons you stated.Oh yea,that first one has the wheels turnin again :D

Thanks again :beer::beer:

There are clevis mounts sticking out from under the winch plate :D Started out as 1x2 flat bar.
IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

The rear clevis mounts :grinpimp:
IMG_0644.jpg

Thanks again for the bumper ideas :beer:

nice clevis mounts!

Those are real nice clevis mounts! could you bevel the mounting surface to fit 1 3/4" - 2" tubing? Cause that would be sweet.:hmm: awesome work by the way!

There are clevis mounts sticking out from under the winch plate :D Started out as 1x2 flat bar.
IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

The rear clevis mounts :grinpimp:
IMG_0644.jpg

Thanks again for the bumper ideas :beer:

Im not too sure about yank points mounted on .120" wall tube.My junk is heavy.The people I wheel withs junk is heavy.I dont think I would feel comfortable doing a full pull with a 12 or 15k winch on a point welded to 1/8" wall tube.Not so much for my own safety but for the peolple in the general area when Im the puller or pullee :D .

tow ponits

I use .250 wall for the down tubes and the main tube when mounting those.(I bought the poison spider one's before,but would buy yours if the price is nice!:))They are nice.
Im not too sure about yank points mounted on .120" wall tube.My junk is heavy.The people I wheel withs junk is heavy.I dont think I would feel comfortable doing a full pull with a 12 or 15k winch on a point welded to 1/8" wall tube.Not so much for my own safety but for the peolple in the general area when Im the puller or pullee :D .

Ok,I got a little side tracked.We had a baby on the 28th :beer::beer: But I gotta git back workin on this thing :D

Thanks for the pics guys.I forgot about Shortbus.Some good ideas there.

Ive got bendtech pro in my laptop if you want to work on ideas. Im clovis/ashlen area.

Also, were you up the hill within the last two weeks? I saw (I believe) your pig coming down the 4-lane as we were headed up. Couldnt place where Id seen it before untill now.

Chris:cool:

Ive got bendtech pro in my laptop if you want to work on ideas. Im clovis/ashlen area.

Also, were you up the hill within the last two weeks? I saw (I believe) your pig coming down the 4-lane as we were headed up. Couldnt place where Id seen it before untill now.

Chris:cool:

I wasnt ignoring yall,I just sorta lost track of this post :doh:

I didnt realize you were so close.Weaklink is over that way too.Im at Ashlan and Willow :D If I cant figure something out soom I may be calling on ya:D

If it was on a trailer behind an F350 crewcab dually,it was me.I was up there Memorial weekend with Weaklink,Freds40,and another buddy.

Chris

I Dig the way the Redllne FJ55 Bumper came out!

attachment.php

I like that style of bumper.Clean,simple,and it does the job :D

:hmm:

Thanks
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom