Need some help.Front bumper ideas. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I almost wish I had gone with a smaller winch (dimensionally) so I would have an easier time working around it.But it was a free 12k winch and came with a good mount I was able to use :D

That being said :hillbilly: ,

I won a Smittybuilt Xrc8 winch at a raffle last weekend :D But I got too much time in what I have built already to start over from scratch.So I will just work around the RE 12k :D

I think the Xrc8 will make it on the wifes FJC eventually :grinpimp:

bumper

IPOR built this for my pig

Lou
blk-bumper.jpg
blk-bumper2.jpg

FRIZZLEFRY, stoked to see my brothers old 55 wheeling and looking good. You did such a great job building the 55 total function and clean look.

I am looing forward to seeing how you finish up the front bumper.

carry on :)

HEEEYY! :D
Whats up Ken :bounce: Thanks alot Im really glad you like it.

I would be really sad if you posted up and said "Damn,you forked that thing up" ;p

Chris

There are alot of great bumpers in this thread with lots of features I would like in a bumper.But I have some unique problems that other 55s dont have.I have been lookin at this for over a year and Im still not sure of the end product.But I do know for a fact that I will ruin this body if I dont support the frame front to back.

Well I have started it but it is not finished.Still having no clue I just started at the top of the list of needs.Number one on the list of "needs" is that it needs to be tied into the cage and provide support to the front of the frame.So this is what I have so far :D

toyota_070x.thumb.jpg

This is good enough for my Labor Day trip.So far total I have about 8 hours head scratching,6 hours of actual fab time,and another 8 bending and fitting ideas that just didnt work and got tossed in the recycle pile.Anything I did above the winch and in front of the grille didnt work.Thats one of my favorite parts and nothing looks right in front of it.The only thing I will be adding is fender protection.And I have til an October run to decide on that.

Chris

clean, different and simple...I like it

The other fj55 that is on a chevy frame has body vs frame twisting issues also. Good idea to tie the front bumper to the cage.

Now when are you coming to Surf N Turf?

I made a run into Coyote Lake Labor Day weekend to camp.The new tube work made a HUGE difference.Thats exactly what it needed.

Here you can see how much the frame moved before.Sometimes my door would pop open it flexed so much ;p
attachment.php

After.Everything stays put now :bounce:
520x.thumb.jpg

This is the frame tie in in the wheel well :D
morgan_august_006x.thumb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom