Need part number for ignition coil pack WATER SEAL only. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the middle of changing my plugs and coolant tees, the hard side is done and I thought I was going to coast through the job with no pain. The first pack I removed on the left side .... the seal stuck to the valve cover, and before I could grab it, it slid loose and disappeared. I haven't been able to locate it. The gremlins got it!

The OEM pack comes with the seal installed, but I can't find the part by itself and the stealer wants $135 for a coil. And he wouldn't sell me just the seal..... I could buy the coil here for $85

oem coil

Or a generic here for $23.

POS Chinese junk coil

I am hoping somebody knows the part number for another vehicle, so I can just order the seal and be done. Alternately, would the second aftermarket seal fit my OEM coil correctly? Or should I just order the OEM coil, take the seal and throw the coil in my spares kit?

IMG_8094.jpg

IMG_8094 cap.png

Finally, there is a little slot in the seal, I assume it is a tiny drain or vent opening and needs be at 6:00 o'clock position. In the first pic the slot is at 8:00. Is straight down correct or does it even matter? Thanks,

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:
Well, no responses. I got a new OEM coil from Amazon and stole the seal from it.

FYI the little drain/ vent SLOT on the new Toyota part was located at the BOTTOM, 6:00 position.

The truck runs great, it is noticeably smoother and hopefully will get a little better mpgs. If you learn one thing from this thread it is to watch each rubber seal - nurse it carefully off the valve cover with your fingers before removing the coil pack extension from the hole. Don't leave it stuck on the cover or you may have to buy new coil packs.... The other side of the seal has some intricate baffling molded in. I am sure it is designed to vent off any steam if some water should get past into the tube. Do NOT just silicone the coil pack down tight , it needs a tiny bit of venting.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:
I had the same problem, lost one of the seals changing the plugs. I was able to find the part at Advanced Auto for $5.99. Part # in 59009 NGK. Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but may help others.

image1.png

RockAuto sells the whole kit from Denso, boot, spring, and ring for $50

Part # NP 671-8184 DENSO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom