NEED HELP. steering wheel shake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a 2019 gx460 about a month and a half ago. Ever since I got it, ive been experiencing a vibration/shake in my steering wheel at highway speeds (between 60-75). It’s very inconsistent, it doesn’t always happen, and when it does, it will often go away after a little.

I went to the dealership and got my tires road force balanced, which is what they recommended. That didn’t fix it. They said I probably need new tires (I had the stock Bridgestone duelers with around 10-15k miles of life left and no visible damage). Im still under warranty but new tires wouldn’t be covered. I decided since I’m only under warranty for another few months, I should get the tires now, so that if that didn’t resolve the issue, the fix might be covered.

A few days ago I got new tires. I got Toyo open country at3s. I went up a little size (stock size is 265 60 18 and I got 265 65 18). I don’t think that should be relevant (I’ve asked plenty of people with this car who have been overland rigs with oversized tires and lifts and have never experienced this issue). The first few times i was on the highway, it was smooth sailing - so I thought the issue was resolved and I was really relieved. However it happened again today. It was a pretty prominent vibration and then it went away after a minute or two

im now at a loss at what to do. Im taking it back to discount tire to have them balance and check to see if there are any irregularities with the tires. If not, I’ll go back to the dealership.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Any advice/insight? I’m pretty frustrated because I know it can be a different number of things, and it will probably be expensive to identify. I got a newer Lexus with lower miles so I can have something dependable. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom