Need Help Picking Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could start with a tjm bumper front. It’s basically a stripped arb without the tube on top. Also the arb bumpers look a lot different when you shave the bottom edge off and box them in. That’s what I have had in mind.
Now that someone posted a pic of the TJM bumper again, no that is NOT what I'm looking for.

Mine will be closer to an ARB than what that is.

The land cruiser has to many curves for something that square and unimaginative

I hear you, like I said I felt the same way just looking at pictures. The ARB front wasn’t even a consideration I wouldn’t have taken it for free but after seeing it on the truck and visualizing all the other armor that’s going to be on it I have to say it has definitely grown on me…

Now that someone posted a pic of the TJM bumper again, no that is NOT what I'm looking for.

Mine will be closer to an ARB than what that is.
This one. Not the tube one.
BCB0428C-F106-41E4-995D-1BA821A0D78B.jpeg

Link

mine's better.
o5C5W4Ql.jpg

Fz8jUOLl.jpg

If you need a Straight OEM bumper to set the frame horns you can use my old one.
Where are you?

A third option is the front bumper from Luke at 4x4 Labs. More minimal than either of the two you show, it is available in a kit form. (Not mine, but a pic from elsewhere on Mud):

View attachment 2936182

I recently built a Coastal Offroad bumper for my KZJ71. I found the kit was straight forward, the design was great and customer service was very responsive. I added their small tube kit for minimal brush guards. I believe their design is very strong regarding the use of recovery points tied to the sides of the frame.

View attachment 2936183

I am currently building a 1993 HDJ 81 and am using the classic ARB bumper which has served me well on several other builds in the past. It is big and bulky, but offers the aesthetic and protection I wanted up front. I did build a 4x4 Labs bumper for the rear and was very impressed with their quality and fit in kit form.

View attachment 2936192View attachment 2936193

This was an awesome writeup and helpful info, thank you. I didn't have 4x4labs on my list so I'll check them out.

I'll just pitch in to say that many older cruisers are going to get a salvage title easily so if that's your hang up I wouldn't worry about it too much. I bought one with a clean title and light front hit. There was another around with the same thing, and yet another sold recently from auction that is now at a dealer for $20k with reconstructed title.

The book values are low compared to actual values and most likely you'll be able to sell the bumper for close to what you have into it at some point in the future if desired considering your use will most likely it have it get a little sandy vs banged up.

Make the truck what you want. I wouldn't worry about the title brand too much unless your plan is to sell it in the near future, in which case you wouldn't be doing this anyway.

True true, that does make me feel a little better about the amount of money I put into it rebuilding it already :)

@Mr. Notorious, Check out @sleeoffroad. They make solid products. My club really likes them.

Ahh another one to add to my list and check out, thank you much!

mine's better.
o5C5W4Ql.jpg

Fz8jUOLl.jpg

If you need a Straight OEM bumper to set the frame horns you can use my old one.
Where are you?

Thanks, I read your thread on this. I'm a fellow Mech Engineer as well and actually did some bumper design for some Je*p manufacturers. I was tempted to fire up the solidworks and go to town, but I've spent so much time on this already I just wanna get it on the road. It looks like you dang near nailed exactly what you were looking for on your first go around. I'm located in FL (32926), I would be interested in borrowing (or buying if necessary) your stock bumper depending on what you needed from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom