Wanted Need help finding a air/smog pump for a 83 FJ60 with 2F engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My pump seized up today. I guess most people would remove all the smog equipment on their motors but mine only has 187k miles on it. The serpentine belt got fried when it went bad and it also connects the water pump. Toyota doesn't have anymore and a refurbished one goes for $700. Any ideas where I can get one from a fellow mudder?

Cheers

Mail your pump to BZ Rebuilders. They did mine a couple of years ago for around $250.

7745 Alabama Ave unit 2, Canoga Park, CA 91304

What model year is your 40? Scratch that. If you can’t afford down time, you could install a belt for a late 2F that doesn’t have P/S. You’ll notice the waterpump pulley has two grooves. Cut off the smoked air pump / waterpump belt then replace the removed original P/S belt with the belt that runs only the alternator and waterpump ( using the other w/p groove ) and drive your 60 like it’s your 40 with no P/S while your removed air pump is out getting rebuilt.

Last edited:
Do you need it to pass smog? If no, then gut it or replace it with a smog pump idler puller.

Also consider the ‘Smog Pump Delete’ pulley from @FJ40Jim

I don’t need it to pass smog. Thanks for the replies.

There are a few different 'Smog Pump Delete' pulleys available. The one from Jim C. is the cheapest and works well.

Some people will tell you to gut your smog pump and use that, but, well, it's seized.

The bearings can be replaced with pump rebuild, but that will cost you 3x the cost of a Jim C. pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom