Need Help Diagnosing a Brake Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@yknot123 @jpoole

I drove my Cruiser today for the first time since Sunday. Less than 5 minutes into the ride, I experienced the drag. I pulled over and loosened the banjo bolt on the left front caliper, instead of the right as I have been. The brakes released fully. I cranked up the car and drove about 20 minutes and did not experience it again.

Also, the rough idle is almost completely gone. I cleared the P0301 code with my scan gauge Sunday night and it did not come back today, even though there were a couple if times that It seems like the engine was very slightly misfiring.

I am waiting for my brake booster vacuum line kit to arrive from Wits' End and then I will replace it. I will also completely bleed the entire system. Then I will see what happens.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Any other thoughts?

You've confirmed that brake pressure is still being retained after your foot is taken off of the brake pedal. I suspect master piston not fully releasing or other issues in MC, see previous messages for more info.

Bleeding brakes will not fix this issue unless coincidentally (like you blow an obstruction out of the MC).

Good Luck!

You've confirmed that brake pressure is still being retained after your foot is taken off of the brake pedal. I suspect master piston not fully releasing or other issues in MC, see previous messages for more info.

Bleeding brakes will not fix this issue unless coincidentally (like you blow an obstruction out of the MC).

Good Luck!
Great input and you wil get it solved.

I don't recall seeing the reference, but have you activated the ABS on the truck in a manner like having the right side tires on a gravelly shoulder and stomping the brakes hard enough to activate the ABS to see how it responds? Maybe the ABS is holding back the pressure?

I am assuming 95+ based on P0301 code reference.

I don't recall seeing the reference, but have you activated the ABS on the truck in a manner like having the right side tires on a gravelly shoulder and stomping the brakes hard enough to activate the ABS to see how it responds? Maybe the ABS is holding back the pressure?

I am assuming 95+ based on P0301 code reference.
Good Day all following.
Have been thinking about Nathan and if his issue is resolved?
Another good point about the ABS system.

Someone on the facebook cruiser pages had a similar issue a while back with the NAPA calipers.
Turned out to be that the banjo bolt or caliper thread depth were off and it was only allowing part of the banjo opening to actually push fluid to the caliper.
Bad way of explaining that, but essentially the banjo bolt fluid hole wasnt lining up in the caliper for smooth fluid flow. Caused it to almost hydrolock the brake caliper. Double check your banjo bolts/calipers are the right size/length/etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom