Need a winch, I am lazy and don't want to do the research myself..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Title basically says it all..... I know there are some guys with a wealth of info on here and I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of a good winch for my needs.

Vehicle: 97 fj80 with an older Metal Tech Tube Bumper.

Measurements: I think my rig has an aftermarket power steering cooler that would sit behind the winch. Some quick tape measure work and I came up with these dimensions.
Width: 21"
Depth: 6"
Height: 7"

Use : On my previous rig I would use the winch (warn 8274) once or twice a year. Usually to pull someone else out of a snowbank or mudhole, or to pull myself out of a snowbank or mudhole. I am not doing trails or rock crawling that will require a winch to get up and over obstacles. I really like having the winch for peace of mind when I am going ice fishing or by myself in remote areas. I feel a lot safer going through mud and snowy trails with a winch but I am not looking for something that is going to see heavy repeated uses.

Other than needing a winch that can handle the weight of the 80 series and fit my current bumper, I am also wanting a winch that comes with synthetic rope and hopefully doesn't hurt the wallet too much.

Let me know your suggestions.

Thanks

20201217_140134.jpg
20201217_135953.jpg
20201217_140031.jpg

For your size I'd suggest a Warn M12000. My friend in his FZJ80 ran a M10000 for a year or so (they don't make them anymore) and it was underpowered for the rig. Avoid the VR line of winches from Warn as they are cheaper and meant to compete with harbor freight etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom