1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a good pic of a Warn 12K in a ARB bar ---Anybody?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by LINUS, Oct 14, 2003.

1. LINUS

LINUS Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Media:
    Albums:
    Reason being I've got a set of PIAA XT90 lights that I want to use, but I don't have a winch in my bar yet, and I'd have to cut out the lower foglight tabs and weld in a new piece that is ~3.5" wide and sits back ~5" to set back the lights so that they aren't hangin' off the front of my truck like a pair of cold nipples :D

If this is going to cause any reason for me to cuss when I get a Warn in there, then I'd sooner just use some smaller lights and be able to have plenty of room to work the winch. I seriously doubt I've got reason to worry, but I know if I don't ask then it will be a problem.

A closeup side shot is what I need to judge if my setback is more than I can work around or not.

Thanks!

2. sleeoffroad

sleeoffroad Supporting Vendor

You can always remote the solenoid box behind the grill and have the connector on the grill. That way you can do what you want with the lights.

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

I don't have pics handy but I run a 12k warn in a ARB bar, with PIAA 8012's mounted, everything fits and works fine, I did have to bend the tab for the lights on the bar up a bit....I kinda forget why.

oh I do have a pic
    [​IMG]

4. sleeoffroad

sleeoffroad Supporting Vendor

Like this with the solenoid box behind the grill.

5. CDN_Cruiser

CDN_Cruiser

Pimp:

What's the 'slit like' opening just below the roller fairlead? I've seen this on LRs and the bumpers seem to get dinged there and bend a bit. Is it for air flow? Has anyone else had this problem or seen it?

Cheers, Hugh