Need a Counter Shaft Cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to the forum, not new to fixing my truck unfortunately. Completely rebuilt the transmission of my 1984 Cruiser H55F Diesel 6cy 12HT and all of a sudden loud banging and dropped the tranny again and the counter shaft cluster is missing 2 teeth and no idea why. No play in the gears. Not sure.

Anyways, in need of a Counter Shaft Cluster 33421-60060 Anyone??? Used ok.

I called and they said no. The only new ones I could find were on eBay out of Australia where I had to pay an extra $150 just for shipping. Found a used one out of Canada so hopefully my problems are solved. Lets hope...

the parts shows available from amayama.com in UAE for $300.23 plus freight

You have to:
submit bid
you will get email and shipping quote
pay with paypal and get via DHL normally in 10 days.

If they do not have stock in UAE, amayama japan has it for $631.29 (way too much).

oemparter.com shows multiple locations for $430-600 in US (amayama quote is wrong btw). You can try one of the dealers to see if you can find it.

If you need the part yesterday you can call Mark at ENS industrial and get the piece asap, but you will pay.

my advice,
overhauling a used H55 is a dicey deal and often costs more than a new OEM transmission. Currently, they run in the US about $2100 (sept 2014) plus or minus then add the freight. If you can do the work yourself, you might get away with a single piece repair but if anything else got eaten you are doomed.

Beno's tag line has the h55 part number - 33030-60450

sell the core trans for $500.

Thanks a lot for all the feedback!!

I ended up finding the Counter Shaft Cluster at Radd Cruisers and paid around $320 with shipping. And I am rebuilding this with my buddy who works in a shop as a mechanic. He is helping me on the side and we are both rebuilding it together.

But now, we looked over the Input Shaft and it's got quit a few of it's teeth pretty chewed up so now I need a H55F Transmission Input Shaft 1HZ. Here is a pic with where we are at (maybe a step or two prior) with rebuilding it. I have had a few people tell me to walk away and just buy it new. But I am pretty deep already cost wise in this rebuild. And still not sure why the gears got chewed in the first place. Mechanic says unlucky fracture in a gear, but we just completely rebuilt the transmission just a couple months ago. All new syncheros, old gears.

Thoughts?? And where can I track down this part other than cruiserparts.net?
WP_20141003_20_28_18_Pro.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom