Need 3rd member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if this is in the right place or not, but figured id try here. The rear third on my 69' fj40 is starting to go. Would like to find a later model 3rd member with the course spline pinion shaft if possible and complete ready to go if possible. My gearing is 4.10's. Im hoping someone here in tucson or phoenix may have on laying around that ic an just throw in and be done with it. Thanks guys!

Fine spline pinion and 4.10 I believe was only part of 78. 79 had three 3.70 gearing. 88-90 FJ62 would work. Possibly 80 series non locking rear. But all including the 78 FJ40 would have the wrong pattern for the driveshaft so that would have to be address also.

I have the later model drive flanges. My transmission/tranfer case is out of an 83' fj60. Have matching driveshafts for those 60 flanges.

Not sure if this is in the right place or not, but figured id try here. The rear third on my 69' fj40 is starting to go. Would like to find a later model 3rd member with the course spline pinion shaft if possible and complete ready to go if possible. My gearing is 4.10's. Im hoping someone here in tucson or phoenix may have on laying around that ic an just throw in and be done with it. Thanks guys!

If you interested in 3rd member , I have sell for 3rd member.This is the link:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/for-sale-land-cruiser-fj40-3rd-member-1-74-12-78.810950/

Please let me know.
Thanks
Hitit66

I am very interested bud! Where are you located and does it have fine or course spline pinion shaft?

Hitit66 has LOTS of parts....

What are the measurements on the driveshaft flange between bolt holes if you dont mind?

measurements on the driveshaft flange assemblies between bolt holes
Metric = 64.0x56.0
Inc = 2.520x2.205

Thanks
Hitit66

According to those measurements, wouldnt it be a course spline? Maybe Im wrong.https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/companion-flanges-jpg.737429/

The chart measurements you linked show both fine a coarse spline in that size. This chart differs a little from Specter Off Road as to the start date of fine splines but it was sometime during the 78 model year. 1/79 started the 3.70. Short of pulling the flange not sure you tell if it fine or coarse. From what I could tell the bolt pattern on the flanges of a 1983 60 series should be the same as a 1/74 and later FJ40s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom