Nearly Perfect 100 Series.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well for me anyway :banana:

Yep,

Finally after 7 weeks of waiting, it has finally arrived and fitted. :eek:

My new Bullbar & full Series 2000 suspension up-grade :grinpimp:

60mm at the back, and 40mm up front....Only thing is they haven't fitted the Fog Lights in the corners of the Bullbar, but that gets done on Monday Morning.

Only air lockers to go :cool:

Hunter Valley here I come :banana:

aao.sized.jpg

aan.sized.jpg

Very nice! Can you post a side-view picture. I'd like to compare the approach angle for the different bumpers.

Is the front bumper the T3 Classique in steel? And did you paint it silver or did it come that way? What springs and shocks did you use?

spressomon said:
Is the front bumper the T3 Classique in steel? And did you paint it silver or did it come that way? What springs and shocks did you use?
Ditto. I've been thinking about painting mine. Details please....

That's the T3 Classique. Very nice and IMHO better angles than the ARB Sahara. As discussed on another thread, this is the one I would get for my 100 if it had side wing protection. Since it doesn't, I'm looking at a T15 in steel or the new ARB deluxe winch bar with foglamps. Still haven't decided.

Great looking truck Wilesy! Is that a 2003 or 2004? I can't remember. I ask because here in the U.S., TJM did not have a T3 Classique available to fit the new front fascia design for the `03+ 100s.

Thanks,

The bar is a TJM Classique in Steel which I color coded, which is why it took so long to have it fitted because apparantly they are not as popular as the alloy bars because of the weight factor.

The truck is only 2 months old and is plated 05 which is the latest IFS V8, which limits me to the amount of lift I can have.

The Suspension I used was TJMs Series 2000 with XJS Nitro Shocks and heavy duty rear springs. I have used this suspension system on my previous Nissan Patrol over more than 200,000 kilometres, and was extremely happy with their performance so I thought I would use them again.

I was advised not to upgrade my torsion bar, because with the heavy duty aftermarket torsion bars are much more rigid and therefore limits the front articulation to a certain degree, and from reports of the original ones are of excellent quality.

The guy at the store has had the set-up I am using on his V8 for a few years without any problems at all.

He wound the original tortion bar up 40mm and I had fitted the new strengthening bracket for the tortion bar fitted also to hopefully avoid any problems with the cracking issues I have been reading about.

I was in 2 minds about fitting another ARB Sahara bar because they also look great, though the lines on the TJM bar in my opinion just looked that little bit better.

Incidentally, TJM has just released a brand new T15 design called the Outback which looks pretty good as well with the wings on the side.

outback_large.gif

Snook said:
Wilesy,

Looks good, are you planning to install winch on your truck?

Cheers,

No, not at this stage, I'll be happy if my wife lets me have a couple of Air diff locks.....

Here are a few pics of todays adventures.

You can see he difference between the lifted suspension and the standard settings as on the first picture.

Standard suspension
adk.sized.jpg

And the upgraded suspension...........
aff.sized.jpg

afb.sized.jpg

Oh, and NO this isn't me driving, it's my Pal Roger who takes the worst pictures you could imagine, so he had a bit of a drive whilst I snapped a few...
afd.sized.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! Are those aftermarket wheels? I ask because there are almost no "non-bling" aftermarket wheels for the 100 series over here. They are all 20-22" and chrome plated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom