SOLD NC: 1992 HDJ81 VX-L 111k Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(40, 38, 88)
Going back to school and need to get something a bit more economical as my only car unfortunately.

Selling my '92 HDJ81 w/ 179k km (111k mi)
Owned since 9/20. I am the first US Owner of the vehicle, imported with 161k KM
HDJ81-0019573
1HD-T, A442F, K295
I have records going back to the 90's from Japan verifying mileage

Overall Very good condition, especially mechanically and virtually rust free.
All factory features work except for passenger side power folding mirror, it still adjusts fine. Center console fridge, sunroof, etc all work.
Biggest issues are cosmetic. It seems to have had the Japanese equivalent of a Maaco paint job in the past ten years, There are no rust bubbles present anywhere, but the paint is chipping in multiple places to reveal paint underneath. It still shows very nicely from 10 feet and is as shiny as it looks in the pictures. There is some significant cracking in the dash.
Some stains in the carpet, I have shampooed the entire interior since owning. Seats are in great shape, no tears or holes anywhere.
There is an occasional wobble/vibration over 60mph that I haven't been able to track down. I believe it is most likely from the tires.

The only changes I have made other than maintenance in my ownership are the Atoto touchscreen headunit, pioneer speakers in the doors behind factory grills, BH3D Cup holders and a Led interior lighting kit
It also has a very nice homemade looking storage box/sleeping platform in the back

Since owning I have done a lot of maintenance....all with less than 10k miles on them. I have all records
Timing belt, water pump, tensioner and BEB's all done
Full Birf rebuild
Trans flush and refill
2 New Batteries
New Steering stabilizer
New 33x10.5 BFG KO2 x5
Oil Changes every 5k km, Fuel filter every 10k

Some additional parts will be included:
I have a separate center console fridge with a better condition front piece, a 3 gauge pod for above the shifter console, speakers for the dash and ceiling, the original accesory front bar and a few other things.

Asking $21,500obo
Happy to send or post any additional picture requests
Text or Call with any questions nine1nine-7two4-nine132

I have a lot more pictures in this album:

20220704_175401.jpg

20220704_175424.jpg

20220704_175434.jpg

20220704_175517.jpg

20220704_175530.jpg

Last edited:
$$$?

I am motivated to have this gone by the end of the summer. Need to free up some money for school.
Make an offer

Could you post some pictures of the common rust spots? Door jambs, tailgate, wheel wells, underside, etc.

Thanks. No need for now. I should be in the Raleigh area sometime in the next few weeks. I will reach out then to see if the truck is still available.

Do you have a better picture of the roof chip? It looks like there are some gaps that opened up but the photo is kind of blurry.

Do you have a better picture of the roof chip? It looks like there are some gaps that opened up but the photo is kind of blurry.
Sorry, I didn't notice that they were blurry. the paint is lifting a bit around there if that's what you're referring to. It's a couple hours away from me now but I can try and get some better ones sent to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom