Navajo Tacos. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Navajo Fry Bread, Indian Taco, Navajo Fry Bread History and Recipe, Indian Tacos History and Recipe, Bread Recipes

More or less the way we do it. For dinner tonight, If I get a chance, homemade pics coming to this thread soon...

Pic from link:
IndianTaco.jpg
IndianTaco.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of good memories. New Mexico.

When I first glanced at the title I thought it was under 'Seriously OT'. Wasn't sure I wanted to open it.

That does look delicious though.

We make our own too, one of my favorite foods. Even made them on the trail.

We make our own too, one of my favorite foods. Even made them on the trail.

I haven't got the "doh" thing down yet, end result always comes out good, but the gooey pat stretch thing seems to change with each batch.

I haven't got the "doh" thing down yet, end result always comes out good, but the gooey pat stretch thing seems to change with each batch.

I'll send you my grandmother's recipe tonight when I get home. ;)

:cheers:

PMs sent

I'll send you my grandmother's recipe tonight when I get home. ;)

Will you g'ma kick your butt for posting it here? If so, then shoot me a PM... :lol:

Will you g'ma kick your butt for posting it here? If so, then shoot me a PM... :lol:

She's been gone since '04. I owe splitshot and CJF favors. Honestly, I just didn't figure it'd be that in demand.

PM imminent.

so, this thread made me make the culinary leap to a frybread burger, at a local South Valley Albuquerque establishment. (ie: the firecrew chose the location)

I want my money (and tummytime) back. Blech. Fries were okay (hard to mess those up, unless yr McD), but the frybread w/greasy burger.... not so much.

Any improvment?

No chance yet, I'll let you know...

Did finally get to make some yummy salmon though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom