NATO Cruiser Complete! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really enjoy what you did to your cruiser. I’m taking a similar approach to ours. I love the steelies. I’ve spent the past few evenings trying to find a silver/grey steel, phone dial wheel for our silver one. I think the tundra wheel route is the only way to go to achieve this look stateside.

I was hoping for an aluminum “steelie” in a 17in that would work, but I can’t find anything.
After seeing the 18in tundras on yours I feel more confident in that decision.

Personally, I don’t think this look would work on any color 200. Only white or silver.

great build man.

I’ve also enjoyed the few short YouTube videos you posted. Maybe worth a link to those here too Nate. Great job overall 👌🏼
Sure!
This one is my Moab video:

My favorite obstacle from the Moab video is at 1:48. It shows how the armor lets me do really dumb things. Haha

I made this one after getting my rear bumper and was testing how well it held up.

Great times in the snow in Northern AZ this weekend.
C3EE5676-E246-43BA-853E-25CB6A6081E4.jpeg
F35293A4-6A04-4FAD-8967-2F57AEE4BE60.jpeg
4692595E-7DB2-4F80-8B66-554DCAF55EE7.jpeg

I made a sleeping platform for inside the truck.

I’ve tried a few other solutions in the past with custom cut sleeping pads on the floor with seats all the way folded up but it was too short for me to sleep comfortably. So I had the idea to make a platform that sits on top of the seats 1/2 folded which opens up the area considerably.

Then, a front runner wolf pack fits perfectly behind the 3rd row seat to make the platform very stable without actually mounting it.

The material cost $55.
I used a sheet of 15/32” plywood, indoor/ outdoor carpet and 2 layers of carpet padding.

After the test fit it’s super snug and doesn’t budge. It felt pretty dang comfortable on my 5 minute test so I’m hoping I won’t need any other sleep pad.

Now that I have the roof rack the platform will be transported on there with the other camping gear on top.

I’m excited to try it out!
52CD3530-EA05-4C01-8C79-536ADB95A603.jpeg
2AB4D201-536E-44B9-871B-D2837CCAB6A9.jpeg
A18D060E-164F-4DD6-A6CB-C951B28C37CD.jpeg
C9A640DF-FE96-4C4B-BB98-3152B9C11641.jpeg
10645490-A702-4278-8630-DD415D13495E.jpeg

These pre cleaners look like a great idea. Surprised that I don’t see more of these in use, Are there any downsides to running one?

I have the Safari airmax on my 200, is this the size you went with?:
3.5 Inch Inlet Adapter & Series 9001R Air Precleaner For Engines 4.8 to 6.2 Liters and Diesel Engines Up To 3.5 Liters. - https://snorkelupgrade.com/collections/frontpage/products/sy-klone-9001r-for-v8s-and-diesel-engines-3-5-inch-inlet-size

These pre cleaners look like a great idea. Surprised that I don’t see more of these in use, Are there any downsides to running one?

I have the Safari airmax on my 200, is this the size you went with?:
3.5 Inch Inlet Adapter & Series 9001R Air Precleaner For Engines 4.8 to 6.2 Liters and Diesel Engines Up To 3.5 Liters. - https://snorkelupgrade.com/collections/frontpage/products/sy-klone-9001r-for-v8s-and-diesel-engines-3-5-inch-inlet-size
I haven’t heard any downsides yet.
Yes that’s the one (9001R).

I haven’t heard any downsides yet.
Yes that’s the one (9001R).
Would you happen to have photos of how the bumper trim looks with the spare mounted in the stock location?

I’d like a lightweight high clearance rear bumper, but I’d like to see how bad the rear tire hanging down might look. I could throw the spare in the cargo area for “off-roading” trips but otherwise leave it in the stock location for daily driving.

******* I love this build. Your inbox is full, but figured I'll post here anyway...any interest in a sale or trade for a fully built, triple locked 1996 FZJ80? I'm looking for a white 2013-2015 200 to essentially copy your build and change my answers a bit...but figured it can't hurt to ask the source! :)

******* I love this build. Your inbox is full, but figured I'll post here anyway...any interest in a sale or trade for a fully built, triple locked 1996 FZJ80? I'm looking for a white 2013-2015 200 to essentially copy your build and change my answers a bit...but figured it can't hurt to ask the source! :)
Seems like he sold it.

Post in thread 'Interesting rear bumper concept...'
Interesting rear bumper concept... - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/interesting-rear-bumper-concept.1275926/post-14289132

I was gonna say, it shows that he hasn't been active since last year haha.

For the real „Nato look“ you will need to change your seats to fabric ones and remove your position sensors hehe. At least it is less a Nato look and more like the basic 200 africa version look you will get if you’re buying a LC at Toyota Gibraltar- like the Nato and any other NGO (ps.: these dogs only sell to NGOs and the Nato ;_;)
I rly like your rear bumper
If you want to complete that look I still have the OEM radio unit with casette slot 😂

Definitely a cool build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom