Nasty Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hiya,
New to the board (let the harassment begin) and did a search for corrode and wheels and found nothing. I just purchased a 93 LC and he had it near the coast. The wheels are getting this surface corrosion. I am toying with the idea of getting them blasted and powdercoated. Is there any way around this or are there any other options to refinish the wheels? I really like the looks of the wheels and really dont want to replace them with something else.

Black rims are the answer,
or you can snad them down and re clear them and they will be ok.
oh and you dont have electric locking hubs,
if you are lucky you have electric locking diffs.
Dave

making the change to the sig now :)

Yea, i have this dial a little below and to the left of the steering wheel that lock the front and rear Diff i believe

ok, and sig changed ......now.

[quote author=Peyoteboy link=board=2;threadid=13900;start=msg128924#msg128924 date=1080594410]
Yea, i have this dial a little below and to the left of the steering wheel that lock the front and rear Diff i believe
[/quote]

Sounds like you have 'em. Was that something you looked for when you bought it or did you just happen to purchase it with that option? Yes, I'm hijacking your thread. :D

(Welcome aboard as well)

You have 3 posts and they are all about corrosion on the rims?
:flipoff2: Welcome Newby. :flipoff2:

Seriously, welcome aboard. Cash only, no checks accepted. Wipe your feet at the door.

nah, most of his posts were about the lockers!
He's one of the good guys already!
E

You can have it bead blasted, but the smooth part will become dull. I would consider masking off the smooth part have the rough part blasted, polish out the smooth stuff and have a clear power coat put on it. That will be real nice. But isn’t the rough part black originally? That can also be done in black powder and then clear over everything.

you guys are way too much concerned about the rubber holders...
:D
E

[quote author=Peyoteboy link=board=2;threadid=13900;start=msg128924#msg128924 date=1080594410]
[/quote]

Hmmm.. sounds like a manufacturer defect to me. Let me know if you want to get rid of it :D.

Welcome :flipoff2:.

Rookie2

Does anyone have any pics with their cruiser on black rims?

hehe,
Just for clarification, I bought the truck from a friend and i thought all cruisers had the lockers. Its interesting to know its a valued addition (if sad fo rthe rest:))

I actually found answers to alot of my other answers but couldnt find answers to the wheel issue. It was a condition placed on my by my wife that i had to make the wheels look nice if i bought the truck. *sigh* priorities (shakes his head)

The wheels are actually all metal in appearence. no black. and some of the corrosion is on the smooth surface, so was thinking if i got is bead or sand blasted, it would give the shiny part a more matte appearence, but if i then powercoated clear on there it would look decent. I was just wondering if anyone else tried this :)

BTW, this isnt a pure play truck. The wife wants to drive it too, so i think the black wheels are probably out :(

I cnat find the disk with my pictures but I know it was in the last 60 days under arb pictures questions.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom