Naches Pass - September 30th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea the ranger station and the bike shop there in town on the way out both have em. The RS you can never count on being open it seems.

I'm not a big fan of the ski/bike shop so we can hit the rs and go there is need be. Nw mountain gear or wapiti Willy in GR has then too, there on the way. I've had them run out on me more then once though.

Last edited:
I believe I still have mine. Wouldn't be a bad idea to find out who all needs one and figure out the best place to stop. Just to save on some time and hassle. Or just have everyone get it prior to Sunday. That may be the best option.

[STRIKE]Will a Discovery Pass cover the trail pass or is it different?[/STRIKE] Kyle's rant sent my head spinning ;p
called and received my answer

Joe,
The "VTrail" list shops in Federal Way that are no longer in business ( G.I.Joes) or closed the location (REI):doh:

Great link though and I'm gonna call the [STRIKE]surrounding shops to get a pass[/STRIKE]. no shops are close to me, oh well

My brother in-law is possibly going with a Chevy Tahoe. In a Nacho Libre accent, take it easy on him :p

*** Called Big 5 Sporting Goods, they sell the NFR Day Pass. ***

Last edited:
Cool Kyle!
I'm getting mine today, I can pen in the date I believe. Any corrections are welcomed.

If the Enumclaw ranger station is open, I would highly recommend anyone that has time stop by to grab a Motor Vehicle Use Map.

They are free, and are technically required if you're on NF roads, at least that's the rumor I've heard. They make a good supplement to mapping software or an atlas.

In the end, a nice tool to have in the rig. I grab them for any ranger district I'm in, just to have.

Weather for this weekend is looking to be around 68 and sunny... expect a slight drop in temps at elevation but all in all, it should be great.

That might mean a few more trucks on the trail, but we will plan accordingly.

We're meeting at the Safeway, but just in case, remember to pack a lunch! We'll probably stop in the meadow for food, or at one of the crossroads if we need more room. Either way, lunch will be on the trail.

I'm tracking 11 potential trucks. This is a great turnout, and all I ask is that everyone have solid recovery points and the right attitudes.

If anyone has any questions, PM or text!

:cheers:

Mike

I'm going to costco to get a huge pack of drinking water for those "in case" moments.

Whats the wurd on bug spray.... heavy/lite this time of year?

Looks like my wife and kiddo might bail out on me. If this happens, I may end up taking my dual sport instead.

Looks like my wife and kiddo might bail out on me. If this happens, I may end up taking my dual sport instead.

No! tell her my wife and kid are coming and maybe offer to lett her drive part of the trail... Whoa that maybe too much, the thought ofy wife driving ny cruiser on the trail just flashed before my eyes haha.

Slept on it, and I'm snatching the kiddo. Wife probably isn't coming. She hasn't had much opportunity to play with other kids her age, and I am looking forward to her meeting your little ones.

Have you taken yours on any offroad trips before? Occasionally the bumps and rocking of the truck gets to my daughter, as it causes her head to whip around a bit. You guys may already have the situation covered, but I plan on bringing a rolled up towel or neck pillow to help her out a little bit.

My wife and kids are on lock down! They'll be there .... j/k

When the ride gets rough, just say " put your hands up, wooo! "

@Kyle, too funny!

Got the new CB antenna hooked up, getting my weather bands so I assume everything is good to go. Happened into Snowboard @ the CB shop, got to chat for a bit.

My kid falls asleep when the ride gets rough haha. Yea I pretty much needed a whole new setup come to find out. My cable was bad, re ran that then the anntenna hated the location had to swap to a different one. Then got her all tuned up and my cb was burned up blah!

Picked up a used one for 15$ off cl, heard some talking when I went over the train tracks other then that I dono how she is working. I'll find out soon enough I guess. Nice meeting you Joe! Looking forward to seeing the rest of yall soon.

I made it back. It got pretty steep and rocky, didn't find the hill climb I was looking for though. I made it to a shelf on side of the mountain, wasn't bad but no room for turning around if I needed to, didn't wanna be too brave by myself w the little one on board. Will post up pics later.

I made it back. It got pretty steep and rocky, didn't find the hill climb I was looking for though. I made it to a shelf on side of the mountain, wasn't bad but no room for turning around if I needed to, didn't wanna be too brave by myself w the little one on board. Will post up pics later.

Joe,

Didin't get to say good bye, you blew out of there fast! Glad to hear you made it home!

@everyone else, thanks for the memories, we enjoyed the time and meeting new friends!

I'll post pics as soon as I can. Anyboby get my lowrider in action?

Joe,

Didin't get to say good bye, you blew out of there fast! Glad to hear you made it home!

@everyone else, thanks for the memories, we enjoyed the time and meeting new friends!

I'll post pics as soon as I can. Anyboby get my lowrider in action?

JJ,

I have a few pics of yours. Most of them didn't turn out very good but there are a few. I'll get those up here soon.

Yeah, I was kinda hoping the hillclimb was around the corner or something and I could check it out and be right back before you guys left. Sorry I didn't get to give a proper farewell, was good to meet ya JJ and everyone else. I'm sure we'll meet up again soon.

It looks like we passed the entrance to the lower Naches trail. Check this out:
http://nww4x4.com/TrailGuides/NachesTrailbyNWW.pdf

Also, here's a video of a Subaru making it through lower Naches apparently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHbcEwNkmEw

I want to give it a shot, who wants to go w/ me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom