My wife is awesome! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MDarius

I break stuff.
SILVER Star
Threads
Look what she made for me today! I went to the Land Cruiser Heritage museum and took pictures of the tool rolls there and asked her to teach me to sew so I could make my own. After I left my tools out on the counter for a week she took pity on me. I've got another in the design phase for screwdrivers and some other tools.

20170304_194917.jpg

20170304_195105.jpg

20170304_195223.jpg

If you or your wife want a hands-on look at any of the rolls in the museum please ask me.....:)

Next I'm going to find my grommet set and put some grommets in the top flap. This way I can put clips in it, or a strap, bungee, whatever, and hang it from the bumper, inside the tire, off the frame, wherever, while I'm working under the truck. No more tools rolling around. With 2 kits I'll have 90% of the tools used on an 80 series LC, and some extras. I also won't lose them in the dust when on the trail.

Thanks @cruiserdan. I was in there for the ham radio night a few weeks ago. I'd love to get a better look.

You know where to find me....:grinpimp:

I love tool rolls. My wife has made several of them through the years. Portable, contained, padded to prevent rattles and easily sorted through.

My green roll is SAE combination wrenches, my black roll is metric combination wrenches and files and so-on.

Whats your PayPal Address, your wife needs extra income I'm hoping...

The second one is done and the sewing machine needs a tune up. These are made from some heavyweight Cabela's cargo pants that I may have outgrown. It's pretty thick fabric.

20170304_230527.jpg

20170304_230705.jpg

Your wife sounds awesome... my wife bought me some Cruiser parts for Christmas. It's nice to having a spouse/girlfriend that supports your interests.

Oh really?

My wife has over 20 machines and likes to work on them. :hmm:
With 20 she probably uses the right tool for the job. My wife has 1 and it wasn't quite up to the 5 layers of heavy fabric she had to go through on some of this. It's like taking a Jeep to a Land Cruiser fight.

:lol:

Yup, she has tools and some experience at repairing. She buys machines at second hand stores and gets them running.

And then she keeps them...................:rimshot:

Yeah! It sounds like me and cruisers right now. "I'm going to buy it cheap, fix, and sell it for a profit." That was a month ago. Today it has a name.

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom