My teardrop (ish) build V1.0

smritte

SILVER Star
Heading out to the TDS event. I haven't been to that in 28 years. Not going to get much done structurally. Been doing small things after work. Got the main power feeds and rear tail light wiring layed out. The wiring runs through the frame. Using gland nuts and removable flanges to seal everything. Installed a wiring junction box in the front and need to install one in the rear. This will help organize my wiring and make it easier if I need to add in something later.
I'll get pictures of the layout later.

ntsqd

technerd

First did it on the C.U.T. project trailer and now I plan to do so on every future trailer; put a trailer lights socket on/in the tongue so that the connector can be unplugged and stored out of the weather while the trailer is in storage. The reason that we did it originally on the C.U.T. was so that we could make jumpers for each different tow rig's trailer lights connector as we expected that many friends would be wanting to borrow it. Trailer itself got a 7 pin RV type connector. The cost of use if a jumper doesn't exist for the borrower's socket is to make up the jumper and leave it in the tongue box when done.

smritte

SILVER Star
It's been a while since i've updated this. Had some surgery then when I was ready to start again the virus thing hit and im sitting at home. I need to order my door and windows so I can start my wall framing as well as the aluminum for the walls.

For now, I'm just doing small things without spending money.

trailer 3-24.jpg

Here it is so far. All four leveling jacks on

front block.jpg

Front junction box. I have the main harness gland nut installed in the frame, will add in another once I get the framing up. The front box will be wired near the end of the project.

tank install.jpg

Water tank in, pump mounted hoses ran through the frame. The gland nut on the left will be inside the wall and used for the pump wiring.

rear block.jpg

Rear junction block and hose frame exit. The junction block here is rear lights, brakes and a 12 gauge power feed for whatever may pop up later.
The blue/white hose is the tank fill and the other two are pressure and vent.

That's all for now.

Top Bottom