my new tech webpage- rear bearing repack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.iluvrocks.com
OK... the first draft of my FZJ80 rear bearing repack website is
finished!!!!
http://www.ILUVROCKS.com/fzj80_rear_bearing.htm
please check it out.

all criticism welcome! Also...please tell me if I got anything wrong, or if
my method is incorrect.

I am trying to give a little back to the community and haven't seen a site
on the rear of 80's yet :D

you can send email directly to me at thumprideb@earthlink.net
:beer: :cheers: :beer:

From what I have gathered from the community, it is good to perform this maintenance every 60K miles.
Service Book says 30,000km. :slap: :cheers:

really?!?
I don't see anything in my service manual....

that's 18641 miles...... That seems a bit low. :eek:

You're supposed to do them every 3-4 oil change???

If it's correct, I'll change it, but that seems too soon to me.

Thanks for the input though! That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for :D

great writeup.
Neat to see the photos. Will help a lot.
thanks
Eric

Nice write up Klunko.

2 pics don't show up, one is http://65.40.131.223/R-axle001.JPG and the other is http://65.40.131.223/R-axle007.JPG maybe the .JPG should be lower case, but I don't know much about that (or anything else for that matter :flipoff2:).

Other than incorporating Norm's comment, there isn't much else. One thought on the pics, just something to keep in mind going forward is to maybe kill the flash but use better ambient light. That way the flash doesn't bounce off the metal bits and make it so hard to see. I think it's excellent, but just a comment going forward.

Does it matter what kind of dance I do? Does it have to be a pole dance? :flipoff2: No #6's :flipoff2:

How do you like using the impact screwdrivers? I have one and have never used it, but need to try it on the M12k this week. Mine is to get out the retaining screw I put in at the farm to retain the winch cable. All corroded and it isn't getting any looser. Next time I'll wait to get the right length allen drive that's for sure.

great write up. 8)

thank's for the advice guys!

Junk:
Norm? is that "Jonathan_Ferguson" with the 30,000 K ???? I'd like to know if that's correct as my manual says nothing. *great vapid expanse*
Want to have the right interval, ya know.....

Impacts are great, The problem I have with mine is figuring out which way they are turning ::) I don't want to be tightening when I'm trying to back a screw out :D

I'll check on the pics. My lighting is a 500w Halogen work light along with the garage flouresents. Substandard....
I've been taking pics with and w/o the flash, and most look better with. Some look better w/o. It's just a cheesy Olympus D-360L anyway....nothing fancy like the Junkster :D

Jman:
Good idea! I'll sit down and figure some estimates to include

[quote author=Klunky Chris link=board=2;threadid=8836;start=msg76460#msg76460 date=1071596840]
Junk: Norm? is that "Jonathan_Ferguson" [/quote]

Uh, no. Opposite end of the spectrum :flipoff2: :D Check your email and you'll have a note from Norm. To sum it up, he kind of knows his sheet. :flipoff2: :D

Chris,
Nice job!

For completeness, you might add all the tightening torques; calipers, wheels, and the lock nut screw. (I think that's all you left out.)

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom