Grace: My new ride - '08 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First "test" towing with the 200 went fine. It's no 6.6L Turbo Diesel, but it does just fine. Waiting to purchase a weight distribution hitch once I get the lift on. That will be here next week, but not on before CRR. I went with Tough Dog 45mm adjustables front and rear. Here's how she sits with Dozer on the trailer on OE suspension:

IMG_0596.JPG

First "test" towing with the 200 went fine. It's no 6.6L Turbo Diesel, but it does just fine. Waiting to purchase a weight distribution hitch once I get the lift on. That will be here next week, but not on before CRR. I went with Tough Dog 45mm adjustables front and rear. Here's how she sits with Dozer on the trailer on OE suspension:

View attachment 1683473

Considering those tires were stuffed before the rear squatting with the load...not bad at all. The WDH should help a lot!

Does the 200 have an integrated brake controller or provisions to add one?

Considering those tires were stuffed before the rear squatting with the load...not bad at all. The WDH should help a lot!

Does the 200 have an integrated brake controller or provisions to add one?

It comes prewired for a controller under the dash. I bought a converter and am using the Redarc Tow Pro Elite for the slick install. There's a box that mounts under the dash pretty easily, that is the "brain" and then the controller (barely) fits in one of the witch blanks. It's has a progressive auto mode or user controlled mode.

Tow-Pro Elite Electric Brake Controller

IMG_0598.JPG

Last edited:
Huge huge huge shout out to Jon Mabe @S4Cruiser for giving me a FULL day of his time and shop use. 200 got a Tough Dog lift. It fought us a good bit, but finally got her buttoned up. Off to the alignment shop tomorrow morning. Wound up driving it home from Jon's in Durham to Cary, because it seemed to drive just fine. No issues.

IMG_0630.JPG

That sequoias ego just took another hit.

Looks great! Well done gents.
awaiting the bumper/winch pics :D

Looking Great!

Lol. Almost linked that too. But personally think a bit ugly

I admittedly have not shopped many 200 series products..... just didnt like the open spacing on that one but likely required for cameras and sensors and headlight washers and other gadgetry.

I admittedly have not shopped many 200 series products..... just didnt like the open spacing on that one but likely required for cameras and sensors and headlight washers and other gadgetry.

Yeah me neither...aside from attempted enablement!

I jumped on that email like @custyota Meatball on a new single mom on Tinder ;)

Yeah, not sure what the cutouts are all about. I really wish Slee would put something of their own out for the 200. MetalTech is one of my favorite vendors, but I'm not digging this out of the gate.

I thought Tjm had a good looking bumper for the 2 Hundy. I will find the pics.

Also check with luke, I heard he was tinkering on some 200 products. I love his front numpers

9-10 week lead time - that's not quick! Better to under promise and over deliver though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom