My new Mini Antenna (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
My OEM Antenna was broken due to the fact that I forgot to lower it last time I went out into the jungle. I decide to go and get either a rubber antenna or a short one I found this amplified antenna at Pep Boys which is about 1 inch tall FM works fine, AM is either crappy or I haven't properly connect the amplifier that it has attached to the antenna cable. It got dark, tomorrow I'll play with the antenna and see if I can get a better AM reception, and if I can't get a better AM reception, it wont matter, I rarely use AM. You'll notice is leaning out is because it's of the OEM hole. What you see is the tip, the amplifier compensates for the length of a normal antenna. If I get a snorkel it will hide the flaw.:cheers:
100_8202.jpg
100_8201.jpg
100_8199.JPG

Pep boys have a PN# and maker?

Pep boys have a PN# and maker?

I know Metra makes them, model CK-UA35 and the price here which is higher than the states is $32.00

UPC 864291442217

Last edited:
Nice install...Looks like ill be getting one of these pretty soon, mine fell victim to the trails this weekend, along with my front bumper :D

Nice install...Looks like ill be getting one of these pretty soon, mine fell victim to the trails this weekend, along with my front bumper :D

The little antenna gives no choice but to go leaning towards the outside, I don't really care as long it works, and I rarely use AM, well last night we had an earthquake and AM radio is the choice for instant news. The leaning can be solved be either relocating the antenna or buy a snorkel which will hide the antenna a little bit:cheers:

im thinking you're really gonna have to massage the snorkel with some heat to get it to go around that big of a base. My snorkel fits right up against the stock one. You can make it work though.

I went with a powered hidden antenna that is sitting up on my dash snug against the windshield.

Gets AM, FM, and HD radio just as good as a stock antenna if not better.

How did you fare in the quake?

Update

I went out to run some errands today and got the chance to test the antenna, as soon as I got back home took it down and returned to Pep Boys. While driving, the reception was awful, that in line amplifier does NOT work:mad:. I went and trade it for a 16 inch rubber antenna. This one worked fine; AM, FM gets all the stations. So, if you are planning on getting one of those short stubbies, don't.
100_8209.jpg

Last edited:
I went with a powered hidden antenna that is sitting up on my dash snug against the windshield.

How did you fare in the quake?

Quake happened at 1:17 AM I was awake, pretty scary since I have no being in an quake since Alaska, 1997 and those were as much 4.5. Never realized what a difference between 4,5 and 5.8! This one started with a roar and then the shaking. Whit in 30 seconds after the quake, the famous social network went crazy! We got so much info that it was overwhelming, but everything went Ok.
We have some 4x4 groups that apart from having fun in the weekends, they are organized for rescue and recovery operations, By 1:30 we were activated and ready just in case.:eek:

Last edited:

mshelby, What make/model hidden antenna did you use? Thanks, Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom