My New Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up my new Lift yesterday Nussbaum SPL 8000... I just downloaded the manual online so going to get to reading that soon.. Anyone ever heard of them? Made in Germany...
I have to say it is really really really FxxxING heavy... we had 5 guys and could've used 5 more... dont know how I am going to get this thing stood up and in my building... Currently it is stored in a friends garage until I get walls and a roof....
Pics as always...
IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1624.jpg
IMG_1625.jpg

Get a cherry picker to lift it..
We used one to erect my neighbor's, and everone came out with their spines still intact.

I'm jealous

Where does one buy used lifts these days? Old shops going out of business?

Used Lifts

I got mine when the local Toyota dealer decided to renovate their facilities. They sold about 12 lifts.

The damn things are really heavy. Mine is an extra tall one (the top bar is about 12' up) and it was a bear to set up. Luckily I was able to use the bucket on the tractor and a few friends. BE VERY CAREFUL.

I use it for everything. I even have friends come over occasionally to use mine. It should have itself paid off in beer savings alone. (friends = beer bribe = free beer for me!):beer:

Where does one buy used lifts these days? Old shops going out of business?

I got my lifts used from Lum's Sales and Service. Randy Lum is the owner and one hell of a guy. he deals in eqipment for Automotive Dealers and repair shops and gets used stuff all the time. He is the largest automotive equipment dealer in all of Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri... I cant tell you how cheap mine was because he would kill me telling what kind of deal he made me but he has good used equipment all the time. He supplies all over the US and if you are not in a big hurry he can wait till he has a truck coming close to you and save you cash on shipping too.. Tell him Josh Bertshy fromt eh Mercedes Dealership in Fayetteville Ar. sent you and he will take care of you...

Oh and his number is 800/555/8931

JOSH

I got mine when the local Toyota dealer decided to renovate their facilities. They sold about 12 lifts.

The damn things are really heavy. Mine is an extra tall one (the top bar is about 12' up) and it was a bear to set up. Luckily I was able to use the bucket on the tractor and a few friends. BE VERY CAREFUL.

I use it for everything. I even have friends come over occasionally to use mine. It should have itself paid off in beer savings alone. (friends = beer bribe = free beer for me!):beer:

yea this one is 11' 10" or so to the top bar that runs across... Putting my shingles on the shop this weekend so I hope to be setting this lift up next week or so... If I can...

My dad wants to use the rafters and make a brace that spans the length of the building to dist. the weight and use a come along to get these in place...

Do you guys think that will work???

I got my lifts used from Lum's Sales and Service. Randy Lum is the owner and one hell of a guy. he deals in eqipment for Automotive Dealers and repair shops and gets used stuff all the time. He is the largest automotive equipment dealer in all of Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri... I cant tell you how cheap mine was because he would kill me telling what kind of deal he made me but he has good used equipment all the time. He supplies all over the US and if you are not in a big hurry he can wait till he has a truck coming close to you and save you cash on shipping too.. Tell him Josh Bertshy fromt eh Mercedes Dealership in Fayetteville Ar. sent you and he will take care of you...

Oh and his number is 800/555/8931

JOSH

Good info Josh.. I'll keep that in mind when I need my 9K Rotary lift.

Charles

What's the NEW price on a lift like that? Get it set up yet?

What's the NEW price on a lift like that? Get it set up yet?

I think about 6K but not for sure... I moved it to my new shop last thur. so I am going to try to get it up in the air this week... I have to have this standing before I can move forward on putting up the Tin in my shop...

I'm sure you'll be happy with it, keep us posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom