My new find... 1999 LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Disassembled the rack assembly and throughly scrubbed it. At 101* it was dry by the time I was done.
IMG_8495.jpeg

I had some extra sound deadener so I threw it on the blank spots on the roof.
IMG_8496.jpeg

Fully cleaned and reassembled sliding roof assembly.

IMG_8497.jpeg

I also re-foamed around the AC register vents as mine were deteriorating.
IMG_8498.jpeg

Last edited:
It was a pain and time consuming. I messed up a few times and had to redo some stuff. It took me a while to adjust and “calibrate” the glass to get it to shut right and settle correctly.

Then I took the kids through the longest car wash in the world at Bucee’s for a leak test since we are going on 47 days without rain here.

IMG_8515.jpeg

I also bought these a while back. Front factory mud flaps.

IMG_8509.jpeg

Should keep the tire shine and mud splatter down.

IMG_8510.jpeg

All cleaned up at work.
IMG_8516.jpeg

Last edited:
A common theory around these areas is that Toyota employs an actual gorilla to put those Philips screws in! Many have stripped them hopelessly before.

It is too late for you but a tool like this is pretty much the only option to get them off:
Amazon product ASIN B0B24LVVZN

A common theory around these areas is that Toyota employs an actual gorilla to put those Philips screws in! Many have stripped them hopelessly before.

It is too late for you but a tool like this is pretty much the only option to get them off:
Amazon product ASIN B0B24LVVZN

LOL. Funny that I have an impact driver and used it and it wouldn't break loose. I did get it to work on one that I was having issues with so I skipped the easy out method.

Alright. The Bridgestones that came on me Tundra take off wheels were getting old (8 years) and worn and I found a little chunk missing so I decided to do something dramatic.
Cooper ATPs in 275/65/18 on my Tundra Steelies. I really wanted skinnier tires but this is what they had in stock.
I have the little hub caps too but need to put them on. I really like the work truck look. I wonder if I should paint them to match the lower trim?
IMG_9933.jpeg

IMG_9935.jpeg

IMG_9937.jpeg

Last edited:
Alright. The Bridgestones that came on me Tundra take off wheels were getting old (8 years) and worn and I found a little chunk missing so I decided to do something dramatic.
Cooper ATPs in 275/65/18 on my Tundra Steelies. I really wanted skinnier tires but this is what they had in stock.
I have the little hub caps too but need to put them on. I really like the work truck look. I wonder if I should paint them to match the lower trim?
View attachment 3611365

View attachment 3611364

View attachment 3611366
I like the steel look and wouldn't want them to be darker to match the paint. The contrast is nice and they look more off roady now and if you go stealth you will look like a nerd..=] Just one guys opinion to consider

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom