My new 82 FJ40 w only 41K miles! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

33x10.5 BFG MT's on the earlier stock wheels(5.5"?)

PM me your mailing address :)

Hey Pimp, what size tires you running on yours? Also, where did you get the cool TEQ decal? Me likes it.

An owner of a toyota dealership .... Hmmmmm

Can he let you look on the parts shelves for dusty parts boxes :)

Great looking cruiser... Congrats!!

Yes. PM = Conversation

Funny, I thought the same thing. Wish he were local. He owned the truck for 35 years and always stored it inside. Only put about 10K miles on it the entire time. He said when he first bought it, he ordered a bunch of new parts to fix anything that was not perfect. Thanks for answering the PM?

I sort of forgot about my thread. So a little update. Basically I have just been driving and maintaining this fine machine. For Xmas I treated myself to an OME suspension kit courtesy of Cruiser Outfitters. I ordered the complete kit. When it arrives I will take it over to Peter Merriam and let him install it. I am super excited and hope it fixes my wandering steering issues.

Please do not tell me there is a cut out sun roof on such a nice vehicle ? I certainly see rear quarter cut and flares , which to me is a no go.

Please do not tell me there is a cut out sun roof on such a nice vehicle ? I certainly see rear quarter cut and flares , which to me is a no go.

Yes unfortunately this truck had both those No No’s. The first owner before the Toyota dealer bought it did the sunroof and the rear wheel arches. These did not stop me from buying bc both of these items are reversible. Being such an original and unrusted vehicle more than outweighed the effort required to correct.

Ahhh...congrats on the ‘82 - a most excellent vintage :grinpimp:

Yes unfortunately this truck had both those No No’s. The first owner before the Toyota dealer bought it did the sunroof and the rear wheel arches. These did not stop me from buying bc both of these items are reversible. Being such an original and unrusted vehicle more than outweighed the effort required to correct.

I agree. Both of those can be reversed and it would not stop me from buying either. I just cringe when I see what some people do to these vehicles. One other big no-no for me is cutting the dash up.

Those fender flares if the tub is cut out are not too easy to reverse...it can be done ,but a lot of work....beautifull truck -congratulations!!

Beautiful rig. You're lucky to find one with that few mile. Question for you and the community... You didn't mention a repaint, but I did notice that the unleaded stickers are missing from the dash and above the gas filler door. You also need to go back to the stock radio antenna. Not trying to rain on your parade, just asking.

The white spoke wheels and BFG tires were a dealer option from at least 1978. It shows that option on my 1982 FJ40's dealer window sticker. So you really could keep them or go back to stock steel.

The white spoke wheels and BFG tires were a dealer option from at least 1978. It shows that option on my 1982 FJ40's dealer window sticker. So you really could keep them or go back to stock steel.

Toyota white spoke wheels were an option...this truck’s white spoke wheels are aftermarket and not original to the truck.

Those fender flares if the tub is cut out are not too easy to reverse...it can be done ,but a lot of work....beautifull truck -congratulations!!

Not hard for me. I do all my own welding and fabrication so just another item on “the list”. Not going to worry about it until the other items on my other projects lists are scratched off so could be never at the rate I move.

Beautiful rig. You're lucky to find one with that few mile. Question for you and the community... You didn't mention a repaint, but I did notice that the unleaded stickers are missing from the dash and above the gas filler door. You also need to go back to the stock radio antenna. Not trying to rain on your parade, just asking.

Yes one repaint by dealer when he first acquired it long ago. Half assed job so at some point when I am bored and decide to fix cut fenders I’ll reshoot it.

Yes antenna is on the list.

White wagon wheels have already been replaced w factory white wagon wheels freshly PCoated and shod w BFG’s. I will post some updated pics if I can find them on my phone.

Happy New Year everyone!

Here is one from October pumpkin patch w my girls.

8D75C954-871B-456A-ACB6-B70B12C536FF.jpeg
5E262BFB-DEE8-4AC9-9076-F317A0FE27CA.jpeg

I am very excited about my latest mod. I sourced some 16” Japanese market spoke steel wheels. Of course I will have them powder coated to match the old 15” versions and wrapped in new BFG KO2’s. I will be sure to post finished pics.
0FE1F841-25D3-4857-9BB8-96DF459B6527.jpeg
DA7E08C5-EC35-4D41-B680-B0A297EF758D.jpeg
F29E20D9-B55A-4B94-B454-91121B154518.jpeg
B47E947C-B425-44A9-8269-D747B10E7E2E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom