My "kick toy" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this is my project i have been building for the past year.
it started as a stock tracker, now the only susuki parts left are the frame and body, the rest is of corse, yota.
let me know what you think. don't be shy, i don't mind critacism/idea's

019.jpg

IMG_4649.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

Your draglink on steering is a accident waiting to happen..

1. HySteer.
2. Shorter shackles.
3. Get a winch on the front so it don't look all goofy-like.
4. Cut the junk off of the front housing.
5. Trim yer fenders.

'Course, that what I'd do if'n it were mine. Looks fun.

steering is VERY temporary, rigged it up for testing. hysteer coming this spring (truck will be trailered everywhere till then) . but i had the drag link bent out of 1"x 0.25 wall DOM tube with bungs tigged in, then threaded by a machine shop. i parked it beside a wall and had a buddy turn the wheel, no flexxing noticed, had it, i would have gusitted the bends.

pic. is old, new ones to come (been working on it a lot, no time to take pic's) fender's being trimmed this week.
can't mount a winch due to width restriction (heep steering box, thin frame width.) had an ifs yota box, but pitman would hit the leave's. going to build an extention for the grill to make it more asthetically pleasing ,also looks better now the i pianted grill black aswell.

why shorter shackles? they are 3/16" plate with a brace. nobody around here could tell me a good reason why they would not work well, a few people said "those will ride like ass" but had no explination as to why, so i figured if they don't work, or somebody can give me a reasonable answer as to why, they will work till i can afford taller leave's.

this truck is no where near complete, but it is to the point that i can begin going to mud runn's / small trail runn's and test it :D .

please keep the advise coming, like i said, i've got wide shoulder's, i can take a little constructive abuse. thanks :hillbilly: .

Last edited:
Use 3/8" it works better ;) also if you shorten them and move them back a little you should get a better ride since those pictures portray a 90* shackle angle and ideal is roughtly 45* or so. Also the cross brace will limit your articulation whereas if you use a sligtly shorter 3/8" plate with the BOLTS welded to the one side it will alow better flex all around from what I've been told

:cheers:

i tried to place them on the same angle as a stock heep (i used heep leaves) also the truck does not seem to have settled in yet, so i am figuring once it does, the leaves will lengthen a bit at ride hieght and have the shackle's on a little more resonable angle.
i am going to remeasure the thickness of them again, something tells me the are 3/8". thank you for the advise:hillbilly:

As for the winch, why not run one of them 'lil orange ones them rock buggies run?
What's the before and after wheelbase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom