My introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My family and I are the new proud owners of 85 fj60. I have been involved with building and restoring classic cars but this will be my first attempt at a Toyota. This has been my wife’s long time dream car and I figured it was time to get at it. It’s a well used wagon that was converted with a 99 Chevy vortec 5.7 and a AOD back in 05. The suspension was rebuilt at the same time so it is worn and sagging so that will be the first to receive attention. I was happy to come across this forum. I have learned a lot already and am looking forward to sharing the progress we have with our build.
Tony

IMG_1409.jpeg

IMG_1407.jpeg

IMG_1400.jpeg

Welcome!

This place is great!

Reallllyyyy nice looking rig. Congrats!

Thank you Sir, pictures are a little deceiving. Old cheap paint but with some rust but all in all it’s great for the family.

I’ll tell ya, it’s better than the ones we have in Canada.

Hey there mud Iv made a little headway with the wagon. Built a bracket and installed a tuffy box. Cleaned up and got the dome lights working. Replaced all the TRE’s and rear hatch shocks. Really just creature comforts and cleaning things up. My youngest got her permit so the fj has become the training vehicle. Anyways nothing crazy just thought I would give an update. It’s been cool watching all your builds.

IMG_2613.jpeg

IMG_2612.jpeg

IMG_2597.jpeg

IMG_2607.jpeg

IMG_2596.jpeg

Hey there mud Iv made a little headway with the wagon. Built a bracket and installed a tuffy box. Cleaned up and got the dome lights working. Replaced all the TRE’s and rear hatch shocks. Really just creature comforts and cleaning things up. My youngest got her permit so the fj has become the training vehicle. Anyways nothing crazy just thought I would give an update. It’s been cool watching all your builds.

View attachment 3588851

View attachment 3588852

View attachment 3588853

View attachment 3588854

View attachment 3588855

IMG_1954.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

IMG_1993.jpeg

My family and I are the new proud owners of 85 fj60. I have been involved with building and restoring classic cars but this will be my first attempt at a Toyota. This has been my wife’s long time dream car and I figured it was time to get at it. It’s a well used wagon that was converted with a 99 Chevy vortec 5.7 and a AOD back in 05. The suspension was rebuilt at the same time so it is worn and sagging so that will be the first to receive attention. I was happy to come across this forum. I have learned a lot already and am looking forward to sharing the progress we have with our build.
Tony

View attachment 3533390

View attachment 3533391

View attachment 3533392
@Grunts , so have you read enough in here to know what this is :flipoff2: ? yup, it's the official welcome to this asylum of mischief n mechanical mayhem for the toyotaly insane:hillbilly:. clean looking rig you've got there👍 looking at the rear spring shackle on the front spring, i believe it's too vertical to function efficiently. should be leaning forward to some degree. others better versed in suspension might chime in
enjoy the rabbit hole you've crawled into:grinpimp:

@Grunts , so have you read enough in here to know what this is :flipoff2: ? yup, it's the official welcome to this asylum of mischief n mechanical mayhem for the toyotaly insane:hillbilly:. clean looking rig you've got there👍 looking at the rear spring shackle on the front spring, i believe it's too vertical to function efficiently. should be leaning forward to some degree. others better versed in suspension might chime in
enjoy the rabbit hole you've crawled into:grinpimp:
Appreciate the welcome. I have heard others mention this in threads. I hope something is wrong because it rides like a horse drawn buggy. The suspension needs a complete overhaul but all in time.

it may be that shackle reversal was improperly installed. these don't ride like caddys to start with, so any error adds up for more of a buck board ride

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom