my intorduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello, im jess. i live in the Denver area and have built many toyota mini trucks and lots of non 4x4's. i sold my 77' fj a few years back and got a 72' fj-40 recently that is 110% jacked. thing is missing most its parts, has been abused, and over all unloved. my plans for this fj is to reuse as many parts as i can out of my stash. over the last year or so i have parted out 2 Chevy's, a 91' 3/4ton 4x4 long bed truck and also a 91' suburban 4x4. i have picked out a gm brand new 350 TBI motor and all the eldbrock parts i can throw at it to go in the fj, a th350 trans and thats about all i have set in stone so far. im lost as to if i want a mint truck style axle set up and t-case or if i should go w/ full size axle's or if i should stick w/ the fj stuff.....f just toooooo many options. im lucky enough to have a shop on my property w/ a lift, tig,mig,stick set up among other not so common tools. any hoot.. i cant wait to get into this project elbow deep and walk away w/ a reliable rig that will last me for years. i plan to keep this rig for just about ever. i have spelling issues and also a big case of project ADD sorry if i upset anyone w/ my lack of IQ.

here is my project as it sat for a bit behind my house..... boy is my wife happy to have it off the pattio.

2.jpg

here are some of my other project cars....

this is my back yard crawler... i know its a bit lame...
hol9.jpg

my lovley duramax i spent the 1st half of the summer doing the paint work
tk1.jpg

side1.jpg

34.jpg

well thoughs are some. like i said i have project ADD.... in all iv got like 10 car projects going on. all lasting years and years cuz i cant finish anything. this fj has been sitting for ever and its time to get it at least runing/driveing. id like to be able to drive it for this winter even if it looks like a bucket of crap on wheels....... cuz hay no one crys when they lay there crap bucket on its side when out on the rocks!.......ahahah... balh......

thanks

Welcome, Get rid of those other projects and work strictly on the FJ.

Listen to me, I speak from experience. :eek:

I thought " project ADD " was normal.

it is at my house!... between my roomate and i we have about 20 half done project's. hell i have had to sleep in my dinning room for 2 years due to lack of motovation to finish my bed room remodle. nice to know im not abnormal!

Shouldn't those vehicles be parked in the front yard instead of the street?;)

oh they are now. i spent the last 2 weeks puting down 30 tons of asphault. i have have a 1600st ft parking area on the back side of my property all paved and city code friendly inside my fenced yard, and a big arch driveway in the front yard. the neighbors arnt too stoked i paved so much of my yard but ..... they dont pay my bills!..

Welcome, Get rid of those other projects and work strictly on the FJ.

Listen to me, I speak from experience. :eek:

im sort of trying that, my wife made me put a list together as to what order i bought each project and what the goal was. now i have to start at the top and work my way down. .... this was project #2 on the list...... but the first "car" type project. ..... so here go's...

Welcome to MUD and get busy and finish one project at a time.

im giong to try... seems when i get short on money for a project or have a hard time locating parts i move on tosomething else and kind of forget what i had goign on for a good year or 2. ..... the list is giogn to keep me on track, as the wife says if i skip something for a bit that means it go's by by..... good thing i hid all my titles from her!..

your title fits ya - carslutt :lol:

tell your nabors, it's better then the weeds that you would neglect.

hahaha yeah,.. i have lived there for 3 years and i go out each spring and spray full blown posion on the whole yard front and back. so nothing grows. needing no water, or mowing. the weeds to grow a tad mid summer so if im lucky i only have to mow once a summer. the area left not paved should actuly get a bit of grass next year as im giogn ot go nutz and let it do its own thing. i wonder what will actuly try to grow.

and yeah... my dad started calling me carslut back when i was 16 and bought 2 beat down cars as soon as i could drive. aww..... good times

Whats going in the caddy?

oh that silly caddy, i have had the thing 100% media stirpped and its currently geting a rear motor converson w/ a ABA 2.0 long block that will be runing on suzuki GSXR ITB's and stand alone injection. oh and custom made Air bag's all the way aorund...... u know nothing out of the ordanary. just the run of the mill uber mini truck of doomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom