my Fj55! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
alright here it goes. went down to the paint shop today and got the paint for the new colors.

iam going to go with the new FJ blue and white scheme.

cant wait to paint.

anyone in the club paint for a living that want to do some charity work ;)
rsz_100_1818.jpg

Last edited:
THAT THING (EL PUERCO) IS COOL!, I like to paint even though I'm not very good usually takes alot of color sanding when I'm done.

soo i took my fj55 to work this morning and it ran really good there. well going home was a different story lol as i was pulling out of my work the throttle cable broke at the peddle. soo i ended up tying a piece of string i found on the side of the road and made it home by pulling this string for throttle lol

Your the Mcguyver (I think that is how you spell it)

you should have a wiring party. I am off for 3 weeks after Friday. give me a call if you need help.

have you checked out the mopar paint w2ebsite? it should be referenced in the paint thread here. guy basically took regular paint, thinned it and rolled it on and looked great. no spraying required (although a bunch of cruiserheads have sprayed using the same theory)

go for t!

Once you are done and the booth is still up, can you keep all the plastic tarps or what ever you are using instead of throwing it all away. I need to paint mine this spring and could recycle the booth material.

soo i took my fj55 to work this morning and it ran really good there. well going home was a different story lol as i was pulling out of my work the throttle cable broke at the peddle. soo i ended up tying a piece of string i found on the side of the road and made it home by pulling this string for throttle lol

That's cool:)

I had the same sort of thing happen in Grand Turk (Carribean) on vacation.

Rented a rail buggy, and as soon as I hit the trail...*snap!* there goes the cable:(

Fix it with a string that's (already) in the buggy *(geez-wonder why?:rolleyes:), go about 50 yards....*snap!* again:lol:

Finally, wrapped the hand with a shirt, reached over my shoulder (rear engined V-Dub powered), grabbed a handfull of throttle cable, and did the infamous "watch this" (no neer to hold:lol:)...and off to the races:D

well found out how much my gas tank is the hard way lol but pushing it 2 blocks was really fun too :). so for my christmas gift from the wife iam getting it painted by a real painter for some reason she wasent up for ghetto paint booth in the garage lol

Soon as you can post the pix would like to see it also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom