my Fj55! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the holley avenger on mine 670cfm and am pleased with its performance so far.

the one i have on there right now is a old quadrojet. its lagging and is need of a rebuilt. i think iam going to rebuild it too and have it as a back up

I would definitely rebuild it. They aren't that hard plus they are one of the best carbs for offroad.:D

I would definitely rebuild it. They aren't that hard plus they are one of the best carbs for offroad.:D

yeah i heard there easy to rebuilt but i would love to waken up that 350 under the hood. now i need to redo the exhaust soo it can breath alittle more.

The Qjet, is roughly 650 cfm carb. When you redo the exhaust, I wouldn't go anything over 2.5" or you will lose low end torque.

soo got a pickup load today got a axle from casey and got my new carb.:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:
0126001326.jpg

You should have one hose to worry about the one from the distributor for now, if there are others plug them. You have two choices for vacuum (advancing your ignition) and one is full vacuum which would typically be used for smog and the other is a ported vacuum, It will also depend on how the advance curve is set in your distributor(try not to do to many things at a time). I would try this plug the distributor hose into the port above the choke (side of carb) and drive it, if it is sluggish you may need more advance, switch the hose to the port on the carb base (makes different vacuum) front left. Find were the vehicle performs best. always do test with vehicle completely warmed up and try to replicate the same vehicle tests. I think if you have a friend that can set the timing first would even be better but to get the rig goin' you have two choices. Alot of things can effect how vehicles perform spark plug heat range, timing, jet sizes in the carb, ignition curves and even plug wires but you have to start somewhere.

Last edited:
alright I got it all hooked up and it runs really strong. Lots more power than before. It is having one issue, while running it has a high pitched whistle that I cant find where it is coming from. When I hit the gas it kinda goes away a little. Any suggestions?

Luv the air cleaner and of coarse the Holley carb looks great too! Nice job

alright so adjusted the idle its sounds great and its soo much more powerful but......... my power breaks are hard as a rock. so went to the local speed shop were i bought it and they told me i needed to use the port in the manafold instead of the carb???? soo i guess its worth a shot.

Mine should be painted next week..... 2 weeks of body work!
I think mine was rolled a few times while in a hale storm and
then beat with a bat. I didn't use a body hammer I used a port-a-power
for the first week.....Think god for bondo

Mine should be painted next week..... 2 weeks of body work!
I think mine was rolled a few times while in a hale storm and
then beat with a bat. I didn't use a body hammer I used a port-a-power
for the first week.....Think god for bondo
You can buy a straight r 90 deg. intake fitting at any parts store for a sm. block chevy. It has to run off the intake for the booster to work.

Greenhorn post up the progress Pix!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom