My Fairlady (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well i was really hoping the owners had the OG California black plates but no such luck :(

So what i am looking for is an OG Pacific wonderland. Found this article. I found sone people doing restos but would like to have the Matrix help me oot.

Oregon Passenger Variations - The Andrew Turnbull License Plate Gallery

The plate resto peeps. If youre interested.

www.oregonplates.com - Oregon License Plate Restoration & Sales - Classic Car & Pick-up Sales - Collectibles - gasoline globe collection - Oregon License Plates

I may have some at my folks place. I will ask my dad.

Thanks ty :p

No black cali plates?

Pretty much if i cant find a nice clean plate by june, I'll just bend over for a restored one. Going to call guy in the morning and have him keep an eye out for a few special number combos.

Dude... the OG plates off my 59 were ...63... They're yours if you want them.
Make sure you zoom in so you can see the date.
20160331_190533_zpsrmnuy6nh.jpg

20160331_185641_zpszgdxisor.jpg

Last edited:
So are those the plates you're gonna go with? I keep looking at the pics and I'm wondering how cool that is already.....and then I think about what if you're still driving it in 30 years from now what you'd be wearing when you drive it in parades in front of Jesse's Nova ?! We know what Jesse wears most of the time. Start designing a Fairlady black & red beret or you think a cap? This thread makes me think of my 4 door 510 a drove many years ago. It was a great little car.

Wait.....I guess probly Jesse won't have the Nova then huh?:D

Finally got garage squared away enough to make the datsun center stage.
Did order some parts. My new phat whitewalls tried to get sent to my old house, so maybe by the end of the week. Got an NOS choke cable assembly and stocker positive ground radio from another owner on a different board. Hopefully ordering my interior and rubber parts tomorrow.
And after the weather warmed up i was finally able to fit the canvas tonneau. Unfortunately not before i tore the rain flap a bit.

Pics.
IMG_20160627_194436650.jpg
IMG_20160627_194446999.jpg
IMG_20160627_194500536.jpg

I hate it when I tear my rain flap. The million dollar question is, does it run yet? I think we should have the world's slowest drag race between the datsun and the nova!

Im not sure but i imagine this is going to be similar speed wise to my hyped up splitty. Lol

I dont think itll peel rubber :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Parts are starting to show up.
Interior kit, of course, special order its weeks out.

But got new fuel pump. Some rubber bits. The tires. I broke the old tires off. They were from 87. I really wanted to sell them on Craigslist since they still had nipples. Lol
Sand/glass beaded the wheels. Lame.....spent a majority of my time fighting polluted sand until it was empty enough to clean out.

The glass beads are wAy finer and seemed to work better. However, right when things stsrted to go smoothly, i had an issue with a fitting dying....

Pics

IMG_20160630_123142380.jpg
IMG_20160709_121104883.jpg
IMG_20160709_165323044.jpg
IMG_20160709_210745874.jpg

IMG_20160709_144732069.jpg

Where'd you get the white walls from? Are they bias or radial? I'll be stoked to see it on the road. Better hurry, convertible weather is ending soon!

Tires are Coker Firestones 5.60x13 bias. Got through summit racing with free shipping.
I am scrambling this week for a show next weekend in shasta.
Think we're just going to trailer down this time.

Aric do you have any sense of how many of those are still on the roads these days? It's sure gonna be a unique ride around here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom