My 80 w/ "Sean" rear bumper v. 2 Camrys (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I was crawling through town to get my son's haircut appointment yesterday early evening. I come to red light and stop with the rest of the traffic. Patiently waiting we start to sing some kiddie songs. I have a 3 yr old and 9 month old in the rig. All of a sudden Eeeeerrr..BAM! BAM! I looked back through my rear view and saw Toyota emblem too close for comfort. I get out and noticed that the car behind me was rear ended and pushed into my rear bumper.

I got hit?

IMG_0983.jpg

This is the Camry that got pushed into me:

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0987-1.jpg

This the Camry the Camry that rear ended the one behind me:

IMG_0986-1.jpg

Overall it was a low speed accident and damage to the vehicles were not that bad. Kids we are little shaken up more because I had to leave them in there with AC running while I took pics and exchanged info. Sean's rear bumper is strong and well built. Thanks Sean for a great product. I hear you are shipping now?

Do not sign a medical release on your children for one year. Mike

No scratches on your bumper but it looks slightly bowed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearsabrowncoat
No scratches on your bumper but it looks slightly bowed in.

I'm not seeing it. If you draw a straight line from end-to-end, there is no deviation.

You must be using your x-ray vision perk to draw the line through the tire to the other end of the bumper that us ordinary folks can't see in that picture.

But seriously it looks bowed in. He needs their insurance to replace it.

I'll take dibs on it when it posts in the classifieds. ;)

That is why I want my rear bumper one day soon.

I am probably more likely to get rear ended than front ended with the ARB in front

I think it's the angle of the pic. I opened the swing out and measured. All good.

I think it's the angle of the pic. I opened the swing out and measured. All good.

Yes, probably just an optical illusion. Don't want to test my Slee but do hope it would fair as well.

Barely...but my neck hurts. I am kidding. The lady in the middle Camry did have her wig almost removed. Her wig was sideways.

That is the culprit not me :D

Glad you and the Lil ones area OK.... Solid bumper.

Gotta love steel. I really would H8 to drive a vehicle with all that plastic. No protection. Sean's bumper is definitely on the list of things to do. For the price, I think it's the best out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom