My 77 FJ40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's a shot of the exhaust. I did it myself with bits from the auto parts stores. It's tucked up in the rails.

20170306_200941.jpg
20170306_201018.jpg

What MC are you using? I still haven't settled on one. The 60 series feels like mush but stops perfectly. Its just a long pedal push which actually helps leg fatigue in traffic. The FZJ80 MC works way to well. I just got a Aisin FJ80 in yesterday that I will swap in this weekend to test.

It's for a 75-77 I think. Aftermarket. Still need to bleed it some more.

@Mr Cimarron how did you end up purging all of the air out of your BJ? I had some help last week and did a bleed, but I still have a squishy pedal. Heck, I even used a vac pump while @Sea Knight pumped the brake pedal. What I didn't do is bench bleed the master. :(

Doh, I think I have those in my shop somewhere :)

@Mr Cimarron how did you end up purging all of the air out of your BJ? I had some help last week and did a bleed, but I still have a squishy pedal. Heck, I even used a vac pump while @Sea Knight pumped the brake pedal. What I didn't do is bench bleed the master. :(
I have been doing it solo since my kids lost interest since I have been changing brake components out a lot lately. I made some brake lines that feed back in the MC and bench bleed it on the truck. For wheels I use the bottle method with a hose going into it. Push pedal with hand and duck head under truck to watch for air bubbles in the tube. When I first added the new aftermarket MC I had the same issues you seem to have. Everyone told me to keep bleeding. After 2 gallons of fluid I gave up and replaced the MC, which was the issue the whole time.

Yep. I'll try to find the bleeder hoses that came with the brake master. Hopefully, that will do it.

Dave

IIRC PatRide had one that I borrowed when I replaced my MC a few years back. It took a lot of pumping just the get the MC clear of air.

Looks like you're a little outta date on them tags! haha, I love the progress..

Yeah, that's how long the truck has been out of commission (two of those years with me).

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom