My 70 frame choices. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 70 is rather crusty. I currently have two options. There is an 80 and a 55 series frames. I thought about using the 55 frame and then swapping the OME suspension over. But the 80 has coils. Ive even though to extending the wheel base and covering the cabin for overlanding and maybe a seven foot bed. Ive owned an 80 and loved it. Ive owned several 55's and absolutely love pigs. So either suspension setup is on with me. So Id be converting the 70 body to a pickup style and relocating the fuel tank.

My 70 is rather crusty. I currently have two options. There is an 80 and a 55 series frames. I thought about using the 55 frame and then swapping the OME suspension over. But the 80 has coils. Ive even though to extending the wheel base and covering the cabin for overlanding and maybe a seven foot bed. Ive owned an 80 and loved it. Ive owned several 55's and absolutely love pigs. So either suspension setup is on with me. So Id be converting the 70 body to a pickup style and relocating the fuel tank.

80 series all the way, as long as you have all the suspension components.

Much better ride, newer etc etc.

Does it come with all suspension or do you have to source that?

Last edited:
Im looking for a write up. And if the 80 series front and drive shafts will work?

A write up on what ? There are lots and lots of google foo related to 40 / 80's its the same thing for the 70's just different mount points for the cab. Most of the shops that actually do it stopped posting details on anything other than their supporting products as the got sick of guys using their experience to do the work and them not making anything on it. Fair point too as most shops have no way to capitalize on Internet fame and need physical customers to book in jobs not send emails asking how to do s***.

As for the front drive shafts ?? will they work on what ? Usually the swap retains the 80 series drive line and not uses the 70 series so they work fine. The 70 series axles are two short to clear the 80's chassis. That will why people are asking if you have the suspension components under it .

I found a rolling 80 chassis… no drive shafts, engine, etc… I have an 1985 BJ70 with a 3B and H55F. No worries on axles as the 80 has both axles…

80 chassis swap

Cheers

80 chassis swap

Tons of pics in both threads.

Cheers

Voice of reason here.
Your donor is a 3B SWB truck. coming up on 40 years old.

BUY A NEWER LAND CRUISER.

80 series frame and pick up cab etc. You are just buying (building) another truck.

/built too many projects

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom