Builds My 1978 Nut and Bolt Frame Off Restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can y'all help me. I can't remember where this part goes. I could have sworn it went inside of the air cleaner assembly, but I can't for the life of me find any holes to line up with those captured nuts.
img_0288-jpg.1494142

I believe inside cap of air cleaner housing, try and get you a pic of mine later

img_0321-jpg.1494191

I could use a little help here. I'm fairly confident the red circle goes to the air filter assembly. I am unsure as to where the yellow and blue circles connect. Can someone shine some light on this for me?

@MScruiser glad to help. Might be able to help with above pic as well, will look at mine when I get home. Is your rig desmogged?

Yellow goes to brake booster

Blue goes to VSV for evap, the other end of the metal tube connects to charcoal canister

Awesome! Thank you.

A couple more mysteries for me.

What connects to this barb on the intake manifold?
IMG_0327.JPG

And does the PCV connect to the above?
IMG_0328.JPG

Great. Thank you again.

Ordered this 1/2" foam tubing from McMaster Carr. Exact fit, and exactly like the original cover on the rear heater tubes. Getting those on was a biatch! I haven't used my forearms that hard since I was about 14 years old. :rofl:

img_0335-jpg.1495126

img_0336-jpg.1495127

I think I got all my hoses correctly routed. Thanks, @Toyoland66 and @tls3601!

IMG_0337.JPG

Got my power steering lines routed and mounted my mini truck power steering cooler to the inner fender.
IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

Ordered this 1/2" foam tubing from McMaster Carr. Exact fit, and exactly like the original cover on the rear heater tubes. Getting those on was a biatch! I haven't used my forearms that hard since I was about 14 years old. :rofl:

img_0335-jpg.1495126

img_0336-jpg.1495127

LOL, ok so technique involve working foam up and over by pinching, pulling and pushing?

Did you use any lube?;)

LOL, ok so technique involve working foam up and over by pinching, pulling and pushing?

Did you use any lube?;)

Yes, stroking up and down, and doing a twisty move when you get to the tip...wait what??!!!

Yes, did use some lube too (Palmolive)

I need some advice and have a few questions.

1. Can someone reccomend a good aftermarket choke cable? Mine was butchered by the PO.

2. I'm also searching for a radio delete plate. Any sources? Reproductions?

3. My Interstate battery is too large for the OE battery tray. I would like to replace it with the appropriate size, and a battery that is not too flashy. Any reccomendations?

4. I still need to redo my instrument cluster. I'm in search for white decals. Anybody got a source for an exact reproduction?

5. I need the appropriate grommet for where the heater valve cable passes through the firewall. It does not appear that this grommet is available from Toyota anymore (correct me if I am wrong).

What group size battery is in there now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom