My 01 SR5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

projectTuRD

SILVER Star
Threads
Picked this up a couple weeks ago. 140k miles. Other than the aftermarket sunroof, basically all stock.
I replaced some missing trim at the rear window, a torn weatherstrip/trim at the right rear door, the hatch pull down strap and a second seat head rest and tubes for same.
I debadged it along the way.
Then I ditched the running boards and mudflaps.
Yesterday saw bilstein 5100s, uzj100 rear springs and a 1" diff drop.
This Saturday I hope to swap on my 285/75/16s and wheels from my Tacoma.

You.. ditched... the mudflaps smh.. out here, people buy those left and right because they are in such high demand.. and hella expensive to replace!

image.jpg
Finally swapped the wheels from my tacoma on. No spacers, I'm digging it.

It's been awhile.
Replaced the headlights and turn signals. Changed the antenna mast...twice. Replaced the spark plugs and one coil. Replaced the front speakers, used some car-speaker-adapters.com adapters.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Passed Ca smog, registered it. Took it to the snow over Xmas, did great. Have a BruteForce Fab front bumper on order and picked up some led pods for it when it shows up. Balanced the tires, got an alignment.
Overall just been enjoying it, nothing too exciting.

Following this (still) because when the time comes i'm still considering a 1st gen sequoia. The bumper ever get installed? What kind of MPGs are you seeing with the larger tire and lift?
The bumper hasn't been made yet. Back ordered until probably the end of the month. Honestly I haven't been tracking mileage because I only really drive it on the occasional Saturday and/or Sunday. Going to guess in the 12-15 mpg range though.
I've had pickups, tacomas, first and third gen 4Runners.
This has been my favorite for dailying. We'll see how it does when I finally get to actually wheel it though.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Installed (1) 10Watt flood in the rear bumper.
The difference vs the stock reverse lights is amazing.

Looking good so far, projectTuRD! Did you use stock UZJ100 rear springs? I'm trying to help a buddy plan out a lift on his Sequoia and the rear doesn't seem to have aftermarket support. Thanks!

Looking good so far, projectTuRD! Did you use stock UZJ100 rear springs? I'm trying to help a buddy plan out a lift on his Sequoia and the rear doesn't seem to have aftermarket support. Thanks!
Yes, stock, used uzj100 springs and fjcruiser 5100s.
Thanks!

image.jpg
stubbswelding.com sliders showed up. Trying out krylon silver metallic to see how it matches with Toyota's Silver Sky Metallic.

So, UZJ100 springs gave you ~2 inches of lift? Looking at getting some to swap out my air bags in my '07 Limited. Hate those things....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom