'Mud pet memorial thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had to say goodbye to my 12 year old Golden yesterday due to major mobility issues. She's the biological mother to my other two dogs and life definitely won't be the same without her.

Fortunately, my in home vet double booked me and her appointment was moved ahead 5 hours. It turned out to be one of her better days so she made it to the park for one last rip. View attachment 3144803

Her and Dharma...View attachment 3144816

Her and Grace...View attachment 3144817

God bless you for giving her a good life, knowing when the time was right and providing that final act of kindness for her.

Yesterday my girl Valkyrie’s soul went to heaven. My third loss in two years. Born first to a litter of six she required a little help to take her first breath making her very special to us.
She blessed us with 11 years and 12 days.
The pain of loosing our loyal companions is unbearable at times but know they are pain free and running free awaiting our arrival.
RIP Valkyrie
2/24/2012-3/8/2023
E4380267-5D10-4C82-8234-C24C4E2B11E9.jpeg

38BC1F5A-1EEE-45DC-847B-C250BC3FDC25.jpeg

D2C6B83E-8833-4975-AF09-3257E8A498B4.jpeg

Thank you for your unconditional love and loyalty!

Last edited:
Yesterday my girl Valkyrie’s soul went to heaven. My third loss in two years. Born first to a litter of six she required a little help to take her first breath making her very special to us.
The pain of loosing our loyal companions is unbearable at times but know they are pain free and running free awaiting our arrival.
RIP Valkyrie
2/24/2012-3/8/2023
View attachment 3267801
View attachment 3267802
View attachment 3267803
Such a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry for your loss, but agree with all your sentiments. They are such a blessing, like no other.

RIP Valkyrie
2/24/2012-3/8/2023
View attachment 3267801
View attachment 3267802
View attachment 3267803

Run In Peace.......Valkyrie !

RIP Valkyrie
2/24/2012-3/8/2023
View attachment 3267801
View attachment 3267802
View attachment 3267803
Sounds like she was a very special girl !! RIP Valkyries

SO sorry for your loss of your loved one. That unbearable pain is because of the great love you had for her. No doubt she had a great life with you.

Run In Peace.......Valkyrie !
🙏
Sounds like she was a very special girl !! RIP Valkyries
Valkyrie had several health challenges but never once winced. Her love for being part of the pack is what made her bare the discomfort. A pampered girl but a sweet soul.
SO sorry for your loss of your loved one. That unbearable pain is because of the great love you had for her. No doubt she had a great life with you.
tThe past two mornings have been difficult. No Val to greet me and follow me to the bathroom, making coffee and laying beside me as I start my morning. He bother Hercules and sole surviving pack member is also mourning. Time will heal and the next phase of brining her ashes home will be bitter sweet.

Thank you all for allowing my to share the life of Val with you. Your compassionate responses bring some peace to my troubled heart.
Peace and have a blessed day!

My daughter's little guy Yuki passed away today during an under-anesthesia exam at the vet. Not sure what happened or if they'll even have an explanation. He had an episode earlier this week, sort of like a bird seizure.

She's mildly autistic, Asberger's, and Yuki was her close support animal. She called him her child. I really hope she's going to be ok. On top of this she's moving out of grandma's place after 20 months. She's 30, no job, etc. and she's moving into a temp AirBnB tomorrow for a month while we continue to look for something more long term.

Anyhow. thanks for reading my vent. RIP Yuki. :(

1692392585844.png

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss.
RIP Yuki

Last edited:
Tuesday, October, 24th 2023.

I didn’t fully understand the saying “man’s best friend” until today. I never really thought losing a dog would would leave such an empty hole in my heart. Everyone thinks their dog is the best but I know why Sophie was the best and so special to me. Perhaps it has something to do with the attentive and loyal characteristics of the German Shepard breed, but I also think it’s more than that. I remember when I was in 1st grade and we got Sophie, she was so patient with my sister and I, even though we would dress her up in clothing and make her the star of our movies. We were lucky enough to have her around until both my sister and I graduated and moved on to post secondary school. She was with us every step of the way.

It’s hard to say goodbye, let alone forget. As time went on Sophie increasingly got more crippled in her condition, and carrying her around the house was a necessity but I did it happily knowing that it was what she needed and she still brought joy to the family. (She loved riding around in the 60 series - we went for a drive to the beach before she went to sleep) - I couldn’t get her out of the vehicle.

They say, you don’t know what you had until it’s gone, I realize this now, Sophie wasn’t just a dog, she was a caretaker, protector, comforter and the very best dog/friend ever.

You will be missed Sophie. 2010-2023

And ultimately, I feel more things than I am able to write, but I know you guys understand.

4th photo is of the dog waiting for my sister and I to get home… she did this on the regular!

Not to mention the huge folder of pictures of her helping me build my 60 series!

979DDC46-4253-48FC-A749-15B0D00C9C46.jpeg

9AD76C95-BDC8-4D5B-B98D-36EF6F9741D3.jpeg

79B0B803-01D7-46CE-87C2-E2FD90ACB73D.jpeg

0CB57AC2-E581-4D4D-AA31-39DC94002137.jpeg

28039366-734E-42DC-996C-9FA3F814D820.jpeg

B1F9B600-226D-4771-B318-7E2E12276710.jpeg

Brother! I do understand your empty feeling. Sophie was exactly everything you stated plus more. She provided you many memorable memories that only she could have gifted you and yours. May Sophie Rest In Peace and my you find peace knowing she’s awaiting your arrival some day. Hang in there little brother.
Sophie was a beautiful pup, but I’m very partial to GSD’s.

God lends us these wonderful animals to teach us how to love unconditionally.

RIP Sophie

Sounds like Sophie was a very special companion.
We are very fortunate to spend that time with our best friends and having to see them go is one of the hardest things we will ever do.
Time will heal !
RIP Sophie

Why am I here? Remembrance is sweet sorrow and it helps to see the beautiful pets we have lost. This holiday season is especially hard, last year I was mostly numb to the grief, why is this salty discharge flowing from my eyes?
Sigh.

Today this cutie visited me, she’s feral but affectionate, we will see if she chooses to hang out longer.

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0453.jpeg

Thankful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom