MPG (again, I know, sorry!): hand calculated results for stock(ish) LC200s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here’s my Fuelly graph. Pretty much 14.5 in all condistions. This is mostly city/highway. Sometime I get 18 on the highway and sometimes I get 10 towing.

2015 with a 2.5 dobinson lift and running rockWarriors with 285 BFG KO2

0B38496B-25F2-44C9-9AE6-AD2AECFB0482.png

20% increase seems extremely optimistic for non-ethanol fuel. The stuff only has like 3% more BTUs compared to E10.

Last fill up 18.693 gallons. Mostly freeway/highway, 65 mph and under with a little stop and go traffic.
Stock except LT285/70R17 E load KO2s and RW wheels. Adjusting for slightly larger tires, this is just over 19 mpg.
Fuel light had just come on before filling up and had ~5 gallons left.
F4A379D0-BA11-43AA-B2C8-DB20EDC80114.jpeg

I think a few thousand miles helped break the engine in a bit, and we've been averaging around 13 MPG since spring. Remember that we live at elevation, in a state with both 80 MPH speed limits and mountain passes, and spend a lot of time on dirt.

With the new suspension, 33" LTs, bumpers etc it'll be interesting to see how much that drops, but haven't noticed anything drastic so far.

We purchased our 2008 salsa red (best color ever 😀) Cruiser July last year. I don’t have any mods and have Yokohama A/T Geolanders filled approx 38 psi. I average 15-17 around Denver and 20-22 on the highway. Returning from Lake City, CO last month with bikes on the back, stuff and food in the cargo hold, and wonderful family in their seats I got 22 mpg. We got 6-10 mpg on the 4x4 trails.

I drive as if gas was $5 gallon and tires were $500 a piece. I’ll do posted speed limits and will use ECT going up mountains.

Next week I’ll be driving from Denver to the AL coast with the rig fully loaded. I’m curious what the avg mpg will be going and returning.

Last edited:
My experience is that whether it’s the thinner air and less aero drag (if that’s even a thing) or an adjustment to the fuel injection, I consistently get the best mileage at higher altitudes.

My experience is that whether it’s the thinner air and less aero drag (if that’s even a thing) or an adjustment to the fuel injection, I consistently get the best mileage at higher altitudes.
Indeed it’s a thing. Planes ✈ achieve better fuel economy at 33k ft vs 10k ft because there’s less friction due to lower atmospheric pressure (and probably because the newer turbo-jets operate at max efficiency at higher altitudes).

Same for cars. Less air resistance on the outside and the engine gets help with having lower compression to create fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom