Moving to Houston (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I accepted a position in Houston and will be moving there in about a month. I didn't make it to too many Dallas meetings, was just a little to far of a drive from Granbury, but looking forward to checking out some of the Houston meetings. Doesn't seem like there is as much activity in the Houston chapter as the DFW one, but we'll see. Maybe I'll see you guys at the ICBM this year.

Nick

What part of houston?

TLCC-H is pretty dead, but some great members there as well. Outside of the monthly meeting, which only a few come regularly, we don't have much going on.

Patrick (Scotia on the board) is a good resource down there for parts and work.

I should be at the june and july monthly meetings, PM me if you head out to one and i'll try my best to be there.

We will be living in The Woodlands until we decide where we want to build or buy.

It's too bad there is not more TLCA activity down there for such a big city.

Nick

You will be about 10 minutes north of me, i'm in spring.

The woodlands is a nice place to live, IMO one of the best choices for living on the north side of houston.

Something happened to the houston chapter a while back, before i was part of it, causing a drop in members. I have been talking to one friend from over there trying to brain storm what needs to be done to get more activity, but i'm not in houston except for a couple months a year so not much i can do from denton.

Nick, I'll be about 10 minutes northwest of you. We're just just outside The Woodlands near FM1488 and FM2978. There's a great shop a few miles on 1488 also.

How did the hail damage to the Camaro work out?

Nick, you will be missed... Enjoy The Woodlands area, as I also agree that this is the better area of Houston (although I have several friends who also like out west in the Katy area), complete with great restaurants and shopping access. But be warned that The Woodlands is known as a speed trap, especially driving around the residential areas...
Come back and see us when you have a chance...

Nick, I'll be about 10 minutes northwest of you. We're just just outside The Woodlands near FM1488 and FM2978. There's a great shop a few miles on 1488 also.

How did the hail damage to the Camaro work out?

It is in the shop now and was exactly as you had said. They have to replace the hood, roof, trunk and fender and will PDR the rest of it. They said it will be about 3 weeks before we get it back. Thanks again for the advice.

Sounds like we are going to be neighbors. Once we get down there and settled, maybe we can meet up at a meeting or lunch / breakfast and talk cruisers.

Nick

You guys have enough to get the chapter up and going, Kristie is on Jamaica Beach.........

You guys have enough to get the chapter up and going, Kristie is on Jamaica Beach.........

I'll try to make a push with some of the other Houston area members once I get down there and see if we can revive the Houston chapter.

Nick

Trouble maker.... don't you have another Cruiser to go buy or something?!? :flipoff2:
I'll try to make a push with some of the other Houston area members once I get down there and see if we can revive the Houston chapter.

Nick
Long story behind Butch's comment..... too bad Jim's not down here still cuz we could just about start a Lone Star Houston... or maybe Conroe so we don't get run out a town all together :hillbilly:

It is in the shop now and was exactly as you had said. They have to replace the hood, roof, trunk and fender and will PDR the rest of it. They said it will be about 3 weeks before we get it back. Thanks again for the advice.
The next thing you may want to explore is a Diminished Value Claim. Since your hail claim will apppear on a Car Fax or other report you may loose money on the trade-in or sale of the vehicle later on.

Sounds like we are going to be neighbors. Once we get down there and settled, maybe we can meet up at a meeting or lunch / breakfast and talk cruisers.

Nick
Definitely, any time.

Hey Nick,

Best of luck in Houston. Let me know if you need help loading up.

I'd be happy to keep your 40 here for you if you'd like. :grinpimp:

I have a spot in my garage just for it!!!

Nick, Good luck with the move and new job. It was fun watching your build and then getting to see at the meeting.

I only know part of the story with the cruiser guys in Houston but if they aren't very active you guys should consider a doing soemthing. I doubt they'd run you out of town.;)

The next thing you may want to explore is a Diminished Value Claim. Since your hail claim will apppear on a Car Fax or other report you may loose money on the trade-in or sale of the vehicle later on.

Definitely, any time.

What is the criteria for a Diminished Value Claim? How much is typically awarded on a claim like this?

nick

Hey Nick,

Best of luck in Houston. Let me know if you need help loading up.

I'd be happy to keep your 40 here for you if you'd like. :grinpimp:

I have a spot in my garage just for it!!!

Thanks man, going to miss Granbury, but we'll be back to see family; when we do, I'll look you up. I'll let you know about the 40! :hillbilly:

Nick, Good luck with the move and new job. It was fun watching your build and then getting to see at the meeting.

I only know part of the story with the cruiser guys in Houston but if they aren't very active you guys should consider a doing soemthing. I doubt they'd run you out of town.;)

Thanks, would be nice to get something going down there, and if they run me out of town because of it, you guys would have to take me back!

Nick

Woodlands is suburbia, but nice. There are also a bunch of nice pockets of neighborhoods in Houston, but if you want land, then the Spring/Woodlands/Conroe area is probably going to be what you want.

Where are you going to be working at?

Woodlands is suburbia, but nice. There are also a bunch of nice pockets of neighborhoods in Houston, but if you want land, then the Spring/Woodlands/Conroe area is probably going to be what you want.

Where are you going to be working at?

Thanks for the info. We are kind of leaning towards the Spring / Conroe area on the east side of 45, found a few spots that have nice 1-2 acre lots which would allow me to have my space and a nice sized garage.

Going to be working for Boardwalk Pipeline Partners in the Oil and Gas Industry off of 59 and Edloe St. just east of Downtown.

Nick

Hi there I will also be moving out to Texas after the first of the year but, will in League city. I have been keeping tabs on the Houston club .

Thanks for the info. We are kind of leaning towards the Spring / Conroe area on the east side of 45, found a few spots that have nice 1-2 acre lots which would allow me to have my space and a nice sized garage.

Going to be working for Boardwalk Pipeline Partners in the Oil and Gas Industry off of 59 and Edloe St. just east of Downtown.

Nick

Also, check in Tomball. Dunbar (cruiserhead here on MUD) lives there and I remember seeing a bunch of acreage lots when I last visited him.

Good luck with your move and new job!

Hi there I will also be moving out to Texas after the first of the year but, will in League city. I have been keeping tabs on the Houston club .

well here is the catalyst to get the club off the ground....John is a kickass wheeler and lots of fun, watched him roll the FJ40 at Paragon several years ago.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom